Best Moderately Acclaimed Album of 2018: RESULTS

Jirin
Running Up That Hill

Re: Best Moderately Acclaimed Album of 2018: RESULTS

Post by Jirin »

Jackson wrote:
Jirin wrote:I've been wondering if the 1-2 ordering here was going to be controversial.

The full list of ratings for top two: Voter / Dead Magic rating / Childqueen rating
spiritualized / 1 / 30
It certainly was controversial for at least one voter!

This was a great poll with interesting results and a fun scoring system. It would be interesting to apply this scoring system to some of our other polls and games.
When his ballot came in, I had already run the results once, I thought for sure it would push Dead Magic into first but it didn't.
Moonbeam
Full of Fire

Post by Moonbeam »

Thanks for hosting, Jirin! I really like the top 2 and am glad they are celebrated here. Hopefully a lot of these albums (and their songs) crash into the top 100 of the forum poll of the best albums and songs of 2018.
spiritualized
Full of Fire

Post by spiritualized »

Jackson wrote:
Jirin wrote:I've been wondering if the 1-2 ordering here was going to be controversial.

The full list of ratings for top two: Voter / Dead Magic rating / Childqueen rating
spiritualized / 1 / 30

This was a great poll with interesting results and a fun scoring system. It would be interesting to apply this scoring system to some of our other polls and games.
Definitely :) I didn't connect at all with Childqueen - I guess I'll have opportunities to listen to it more when MAA 10 starts. Dead Magic was my nomination and no album was better to me. (Rollo Tomassi was close though)
Jackson
Into the Groove

Post by Jackson »

spiritualized wrote:
Jackson wrote:

spiritualized / 1 / 30

Definitely :) I didn't connect at all with Childqueen - I guess I'll have opportunities to listen to it more when MAA 10 starts. Dead Magic was my nomination and no album was better to me. (Rollo Tomassi was close though)
Rolo Tomassi was my nomination and I like Dead Magic a lot better (though to me it was probably a little too famous to have it in this game).

As an interesting subplot, it looks like Dead Magic will place far ahead of Childqueen on our general EOY list.

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”