R.I.P. Charles Aznavour

Romain
Happy Up Here

R.I.P. Charles Aznavour

Post by Romain »

DISPARITION - The legendary Franco-Armenian artist passed away at the age of 94. With songs such as Emmenez-moi, Je Me Voyais Déjà and La Bohème, the eternal Charles Aznavour has crossed time, generations and borders.

"Most important popular singer of the 20th century." This is the title awarded in 1988 to Charles Aznavour by the American channel CNN and the Times. More than 1200 songs in seven different languages, shows in 94 countries and more than 100 million records sold worldwide. But also more than 60 participations in feature films. Very discreet about his private life, the singer has been married three times and has had six children, three of them with his last wife Ulla, with whom he had been married for more than 50 years.

An icon of French song, Charles Aznavour was a world star, to the point of having his star on the "Walk of Fame" in Hollywood in 2017. Seventy years of career at the top of the bill for this legend of French song. He died on the night of Sunday to Monday, at the age of 94, at his home in the Alpilles (south of France), his press officers announced on Tuesday. He was returning from a tour in Japan, after being forced to cancel concerts this summer due to a broken arm after a fall.
bonnielaurel
Keep On Movin'

Re: R.I.P. Charles Aznavour

Post by bonnielaurel »

He was one of the greatest chansonniers and songwriters. La Bohème is one of my favorite French songs. I just saw an interview in which he said he wanted to live to be 120.
Brad
Higher Ground

Post by Brad »

Most unfortunate.
Brad
Higher Ground

Post by Brad »

Here's what turned me on to Charles:

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”