I'm Bored with Trying to Find Music to Listen to (Album Club Proposal)

ordinaryperson
Movin' On Up

I'm Bored with Trying to Find Music to Listen to (Album Club Proposal)

Post by ordinaryperson »

Hello,

I've been increasingly bored with trying to find albums and artists to listen to; even with the music that I was already a fan of. One thing I noticed that coincided with my boredom is lack of things going on in the forum. Sure you still have the Moderately Acclaimed Albums tournament and the 1990s Poll but that's nothing compared to the variety of things going on earlier this year. I would like to start an album of the week club.

There have been previous attempts at starting an album club on this forum that have gone nowhere, I'll do a couple of things to try subvert it from falling under. The album will be chosen randomly out of the top 3000, it could be from any year, any genre, any artist, and any ranking. Any type of opinion can be expressed on the discussion threads, you can post just a few words or a couple of paragraphs, you can even rank the tracks if you wanted to. As for a date to post these threads, I would like to post them on Friday evenings, so that users will have the time over the weekend to listen to the album and form their opinion on it.

I feel that having a discussion threads on these albums could help me and other users find new music and maybe appreciate the albums a little more.

If you like this idea please comment below. I have already selected an album using a random number generator and would be willing to share what it is so you can have a head start on listening to it.
Last edited by ordinaryperson on Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is No More Firmament.
PlasticRam
Into the Groove

Re: I'm Bored with Trying to Find Music to Listen to

Post by PlasticRam »

Sounds like a good idea.
I feel like that
Krurze
Movin' On Up

Post by Krurze »

I actually planned to listen to more full albums in the future, so this should be a good opportunity. I'm in.
ordinaryperson
Movin' On Up

Post by ordinaryperson »

While not with overwhelming support, I will still go ahead and do the Album Club anyway. The first album will be Yeasayer's Odd Blood.
There is No More Firmament.
spiritualized
Full of Fire

Re: I'm Bored with Trying to Find Music to Listen to (Album Club Proposal)

Post by spiritualized »

I've been doing this on a personal basis for about a year - so I can only agree to it :)
Jirin
Running Up That Hill

Post by Jirin »

I’d be up for this.
FrankLotion
Movin' On Up

Post by FrankLotion »

Hell yeah I’m down!

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”