Sufjan Stevens' last singles

Henrik
Site Admin

Sufjan Stevens' last singles

Post by Henrik »

In the 2017 eoy lists "Tonya Harding (in D Major)" is only mentioned once and "Mystery of Love" is not mentioned at all. These songs were both released early in December and are nothing but masterpieces (currently ranked 18th and 1st of 2017 at RYM - "Mystery of Love" almost being in the top 100 AT). It would be very strange if these songs never appear on AM. Do you think they will be included on end of 2018 lists instead? Or on the end of decade lists maybe?
Everyone you meet fights a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.
Rob
Die Mensch Maschine

Re: Sufjan Stevens' last singles

Post by Rob »

End of decade might be a good shot (Mystery of Love more than Tonya Harding, if only because of bigger exposure). End of year 2018, I'm not so sure. Too bad, these are indeed two of the best songs of recent years.
TheLastEnemy
Movin' On Up

Post by TheLastEnemy »

I agree, if there is one artist I have really come to appreciate as a result of this site, it is Sufjan Stevens - if I had never got anything else out of Acclaimed Music, discovering Sufjan would still make me very grateful and keep coming back! I think end of decade is more likely, but hope they don't get forgotten, particularly Mystery of Love, also to a letter extent Visions of Gideon.
Presenter of 'The New Music Show' on www.welcomberadio.org.uk, Thursdays 6-8pm (UK time)
Listen later: https://www.mixcloud.com/chris-last/
Listyguy
Running Up That Hill

Post by Listyguy »

Music released in December always seems to get shorted on EOY lists. I can't imagine "Mystery of Love" not finding its way onto AM though, it's spectacular.
VanillaFire1000
Let's Get It On

Post by VanillaFire1000 »

They are also from soundtracks...sometimes those kinds of singles get left out because they aren't from "real" albums.
Rob
Die Mensch Maschine

Post by Rob »

VanillaFire1000 wrote:They are also from soundtracks...sometimes those kinds of singles get left out because they aren't from "real" albums.
Tonya Harding is not from a soundtrack though. It doesn't appear on the recent film I, Tonya (though Sufjan Stevens offered it, but it was rejected - rightly so, cause the feel of the song differs vastly from the movie).

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”