Vulture - Rock Hall Inductees Best to Worst

StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Vulture - Rock Hall Inductees Best to Worst

Post by StevieFan13 »

http://www.vulture.com/2018/05/rock-and ... worst.html
Chuck Berry at the top, Bon Jovi at the bottom. Queen second-to-last is incorrect and disgraceful. (No way in hell are they worse than Chicago. Chicago never had a "Bohemian Rhapsody" or "Somebody to Love" in them).
Music is a world within itself, with a language we all understand - Sir Duke (1976)
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Re: Vulture - Rock Hall Inductees Best to Worst

Post by StevieFan13 »

On Rush:
Rush are unique among galumphy prog-rock bands in that they lack a single song (you know, like “Roundabout,” “Court of the Crimson King,” “Freebird,” “The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway”) you could play for someone to try to convince them of the band’s import.
"Tom Sawyer"? "YYZ"? "The Spirit of Radio"? "Overture to 2112"? This list is garbage. I'm sorry I posted it.
Music is a world within itself, with a language we all understand - Sir Duke (1976)
bootsy
Shake Some Action

Post by bootsy »

Wasn't there another list someone posted on here that ranked all the inductees awhile ago?
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

bootsy wrote:Wasn't there another list someone posted on here that ranked all the inductees awhile ago?
This would be a different one. That one had the Beatles at #1.
bootsy
Shake Some Action

Post by bootsy »

StevieFan13 wrote:
bootsy wrote:Wasn't there another list someone posted on here that ranked all the inductees awhile ago?
This would be a different one. That one had the Beatles at #1.
That's what I thought. Thanks
bootsy
Shake Some Action

Post by bootsy »

They had the author Bill Wyman on Sirius XM's Volume channel this morning to talk about this list and I understand it's his opinion and he's entitled to it but he didn't have very good reasons for some of his choices.He did say that the top 20-25 were really close and you can make an argument for all of them being higher or lower than where they ended up on the list.
babydoll
Movin' On Up

Post by babydoll »

bootsy wrote:They had the author Bill Wyman on Sirius XM's Volume channel this morning to talk about this list and I understand it's his opinion and he's entitled to it but he didn't have very good reasons for some of his choices.
Yeah, tell me about it. I raised my eyebrows at him calling ABBA "a joke" and insinuating that Madonna only made it in because she was famous, all while he pretended to be woke as he denounced N.W.A. for two members for being terrible people (as a result, probably ranked them that low) and saying Dion's legacy was chauvinism (a bit off the mark there).

The sad thing was that he let his opinions interfere in terms of ranking the inductees. I'd actually rank them by estimating their legacy and influence to the overall shape of popular music, and I would've chosen to be quite positive as a whole. As much as I dislike AC/DC, probably my least favorite inductee, even I have to admit that they actually have a case to be in.
JR
Rust Never Sleeps

Post by JR »

As an FYI (not sure if it was posted here), a ranked list from cleveland.com:

https://www.cleveland.com/entertainment ... defin.html

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”