RIP Avicii

StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

RIP Avicii

Post by StevieFan13 »

For whatever reason (well, ok, besides the obvious) this hit me really hard: Swedish EDM producer and DJ Avicii has passed away at the all-too-young age of 28.
https://www.stereogum.com/1992606/avici ... t-28/obit/
I’m not a huge EDM guy, but this dude was EVERYWHERE in middle and high school. I heard Wake Me Up more times on the radio than I can count. I heard Levels and Hey Brother plenty too. He’s responsible for A Sky Full of Stars, one of the only Coldplay songs I like. And I really liked all of them! There was such a scope to his sound, the kind of bigness I’m attracted to in music. He stood out from the crowd in a big way when it came to EDM, and I’m sad we won’t see how his sound would evolve as he got older. He had a lot of talent, and I’m going to miss him.
Music is a world within itself, with a language we all understand - Sir Duke (1976)
Rob
Die Mensch Maschine

Re: RIP Avicii

Post by Rob »

This is sad indeed. He worked in a genre I don't generally pay attention to and that frequently left me cold, but somehow some of his songs worked for me. In fact, I was surprised that Addicted to You, with the superb Adele-like vocals Audra Mae wasn't a hit with critics, as it captures perfectly the ecstasy that good pop and dance need. And like Wake Me Up (also good) it was everywhere a couple of years ago.

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”