Kacey Musgraves - Golden Hour

BleuPanda
Higher Ground

Kacey Musgraves - Golden Hour

Post by BleuPanda »

Kacey Musgraves is one of two modern country artists I really like, and her new album came out today. The first reviews are very positive, and I always thinks she needs more attention, so here's a thread for it.

StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Re: Kacey Musgraves - Golden Hour

Post by StevieFan13 »

Magnificent album.
Music is a world within itself, with a language we all understand - Sir Duke (1976)
andyd1010
Keep On Movin'

Post by andyd1010 »

She’s great. Excited to give this a listen. Who’s the second one you like, BleuPanda?
prosecutorgodot
Keep On Movin'

Post by prosecutorgodot »

Before the album release, I was dreading the album because the singles were her worst yet. "High Horse" is easily her worst song to date, hands down.
But when I put the album on, surprisingly I came away enjoying it. The deep cuts definitely saved it. From that one listen, I was just going to give it a light 6, and walk away. But maybe I'll revisit it if you guys say you are really enjoying it.

Edit: I should give some deeper thoughts. The album sees Kacey in a happy place. I am glad she's happy, but it's just not producing interesting music in my opinion.

Here's some background on the sound of this album. I like using the term "dream-country" to describe Kacey's music. It's pretty laidback. I go to Kacey for solid melodies, solid songwriting, and well-executed and heartfelt themes. All three feel pretty bland this time around.
Mulholland
Let's Get It On

Post by Mulholland »

I'm only a few listens into this and I can see this being one of those albums I'm going to end up coming back to again and again, even if it's just for 'Oh, What A World'.

At the moment I'm going Same Trailer > Golden Hour > Pageant Material, but with each listen a different track is standing out (like 'Velvet Elvis' on my last playthrough) so we'll see where we are by the end of the year.

So glad she's lived up to the expectation :D

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”