Is there a site counting down the most acclaimed albums of every year?

letmeintomyzone
Different Class

Is there a site counting down the most acclaimed albums of every year?

Post by letmeintomyzone »

I was looking for individual critics list for albums, and something like CriticsTop10, where a bunch of notings of how many BOTY lists a album has gotten on, is something I would be interested in, and Metacritic has some, but I would like a more expansive and detailed noting, and I know Best of the Year lists are often harder to find because of the lack of weight and size of the material, but it would be nice to see this noting
Pierre
Into the Groove

Re: Is there a site counting down the most acclaimed albums of every year?

Post by Pierre »

Either I completely don't understand your question, or you happen to be on the website you need already. When you click on an album on AM, you can see the entirety of the lists it appears in, including the EOY lists...
Listyguy
Running Up That Hill

Post by Listyguy »

bootsy
Shake Some Action

Post by bootsy »

LOL WTF
letmeintomyzone
Different Class

Post by letmeintomyzone »

Pierre wrote:Either I completely don't understand your question, or you happen to be on the website you need already. When you click on an album on AM, you can see the entirety of the lists it appears in, including the EOY lists...
Something that counts down individual critics choices for their BOTY lists for 2001 (similar how CriticsTop10 notes the amount of BOTY lists a film has gotten on)
andyd1010
Keep On Movin'

Post by andyd1010 »

I get what you're saying: A ranking based on how many lists albums appeared on, without giving weight to where they rank on the list or other factors that AM takes into account. I think AM's ranking is more useful than this ranking, but I could see why you're interested in it.
Future Critic
Let's Get It On

Post by Future Critic »

Pazz and Jop sorta does this too, but its lists tend to be more aimed at mainstream music: http://furia.com/pjs/

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”