Youtube (or other sites) videos about music

Nassim
Full of Fire

Youtube (or other sites) videos about music

Post by Nassim »

Vox has started a pretty good serie of videos about music. Some are about specific albums or artists but others are about trends or techniques and it is pretty interesting.
Here's one about the 80s drum sound but there are also pretty great ones about repetitions, triplets, J Dilla, Trout Mask Replica or Radiohead's Videotape :
And before that serie called "Earworm", the same woman published an even better one about rhymes patterns in hip-hop :
I'd be interested in other similar channels, there are a lot of great ones about videos (possibly the best, Every Frame a Painting, unfortunately just announced they would stop) but those about music are a much rare beast. I'm not interested on those focusing on album reviews which tend to get pretty tedious imo (couldn't go through a full needledrop videos even before learning he was an alt-right fan) but really on more transversal analysis of a genre, artist or technique.

kaptainkristian did a few good ones, but he mostly focuses on films.
I'm not 100% averse to videos on specific albums, the Liner Notes serie by Pitchfork is fine. At least they put the album in a context, keep it short, have decent montage and use snipets of the songs to illustrate what they are saying.

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”