Your 2017 Wrapped

ordinaryperson
Movin' On Up

Your 2017 Wrapped

Post by ordinaryperson »

I wanted to share my 2017 wrapped with the forum.

Don't be afraid to share what you have.

Website link
There is No More Firmament.
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Re: Your 2017 Wrapped

Post by StevieFan13 »

I'll share the playlists at some point (I love the "ones that got away" playlist, although it's funny they included "Wish I Knew You" by the Revivalists - I DEFINITELY know that song, because my cousin is their guitarist). Bush is an odd #1, but I did listen to a grunge playlist a lot that had "Glycerine" and a few others prominently featured (and I was in Spelling Bee, so I had to listen to that, which is why they're apparently one of my "top artists").
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Music is a world within itself, with a language we all understand - Sir Duke (1976)
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

And this is the playlist. Ignore the Spelling Bee songs.
Music is a world within itself, with a language we all understand - Sir Duke (1976)
Nassim
Full of Fire

Post by Nassim »

I'm fine with that (thought it welcame me with a pictures of Sleater-Kinney which was way cooler than the RTJ fist)

Jirin
Running Up That Hill

Post by Jirin »

56151 minutes
7410 songs
662 artists

Top Artists:
Tom Waits
Magnetic Fields
R.E.M.
Neil Young
Bob Dylan
BleuPanda
Higher Ground

Post by BleuPanda »

I apparently spent a solid two months of my year listening to music - makes sense considering I essentially listen to music throughout the day at work. Bob Dylan takes the top spot thanks to me exploring every single one of his studio albums (and a few extras) that one time. I don't get their top songs; it doesn't match my playlist. "Say Something Loving" is the top track there.

Listyguy
Running Up That Hill

Post by Listyguy »

I use both iTunes and Spotify, so most of my top artists and songs on Spotify are more current artists whose albums I haven't gotten around to purchasing or otherwise finding.

Minutes listened: 24, 756

Top genre: Rock

Top five artists:

Kanye West
LCD Soundsystem
Kendrick Lamar
PJ Harvey
The National

Top five songs:

"Heartless" - Kanye West
"Heard It In a Love Song" - Marshall Tucker Band
"North American Scum" - LCD Soundsystem
"John Wayne Gacy Jr" - Sufjan Stevens
"Mr. November" - The National
Toni
Different Class

Post by Toni »

StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

Gotta admire such funky musical tastes.
acroamor
Shake Some Action

Post by acroamor »

Oooh man I want to play. I don't use Spotify though, so here's the playcounts from my old laptop's iTunes, which are basically a 2016-2017 wrapped as of early November.Image
spiritualized
Full of Fire

Post by spiritualized »

Knowing that halfway through the year I switched to Google music and then to Amazon Music...:)
rumpdoll
Different Class

Post by rumpdoll »

spotify-2017-wrapped.png
hmmm... still time to get to that 100000 minutes
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rob
Die Mensch Maschine

Post by Rob »

How do you post these images? I can't seem to share just them as such, only as webpages.
Nassim
Full of Fire

Post by Nassim »

Rob wrote:How do you post these images? I can't seem to share just them as such, only as webpages.
There is a function todownload the image on your computer on the Spotify website, then either join it to your message or upload it on a dedicated website and take the link from there.
Rob
Die Mensch Maschine

Post by Rob »

Thanks, Nassim. Never noticed the attachment function before.
spotify-2017-wrapped.png
So, the artist list makes sense for me. There wasn't the one artist I really obsessively dove into this year, but I did listen to The Navigator by Hurray for the Riff Raff more than any other album and I also went through their back catalogue, so there you go. They also had the best concert I attended, so they are somewhat artist of the year for me. Parquet Courts and Mitski received similar extended listening by me because of concerts. Saint Etienne was artist of the year last year for me and kept going in 2017. Morricone is always on rotation here. Both of these also got a lot of help from the Moderately Acclaimed Album poll as they got far and I listen to every album again for each new round.

The song lists doesn't say much about my taste though. I'm very happy with As I Sat Sadly By Her Side. Of course, the Moderately Acclaimed poll had great influence on it's high placement, but I did listen to it a lot separately too. But the next three are purely there because of my 10.000 Songs series. I think they (and many others on the top 100) have the same amount of listens and Spotify chose my top choices here at random. Dream Weaver my number 2 favorite of the year? Not on your life. Entrance is an odd choice for The Navigator, especially because I'm sure that thanks to A Taste of MegaCritic I listened more to Rican Beach, The Navigator and Pa'lante. Oh well.

Here is my playlist. I haven't looked at it besides the top, as I want to discover it while listening to it. The top cuts are mostly from the top 10.000 series.

My recommendation list is weird. It contains quite a lot of songs I not only know, but also have heard several times on Spotify this year. I'm not used to that kind of sloppiness from Spotify.

I just want to say another thing: it's December 6, not December 31. I know critic's lists put the end of year early for reasons, but why Spotify?
notbrianeno
Movin' On Up

Post by notbrianeno »

IMG_1223.PNG
[spotifyplaylist]https://open.spotify.com/user/spotify/p ... lxxQ0VJ94E[/spotifyplaylist]
antonius
Movin' On Up

Post by antonius »

spotify-2017-wrapped.png
Brad
Higher Ground

Post by Brad »

sadly, I can't seem to figure out how to access this...
DaveC
Running Up That Hill

Post by DaveC »

spotify-2017-wrapped.png
I had to temporarily make Google Chrome my default browser.
Krurze
Movin' On Up

Post by Krurze »

"Rock" seems oddly unspecific...
Brad
Higher Ground

Post by Brad »

OK got it...

The Spotify feature is interesting, but only captures about half of the music I play. So I made this quick lastfm view for a better representation of the past year. The Dylan entries in the song list are thanks primarily to my Christmas gift to myself last year - 38 discs of Dylan Live '66:
Gillingham
Into the Groove

Post by Gillingham »

Minutes listened: 25.005
Songs: 3162
Artists: 415

Top Artists:
Radiohead
Run the Jewels
The National
Grizzly Bear
Lana del Rey

Still listen to 'physical' music as well, so that doesn't show up of course.
Jirin
Running Up That Hill

Post by Jirin »

Most of my physical music listening is either in the car or stuff not on Spotify.

My most listened songs this year turned out to be off Sampha -Process. Probably just because it's my favorite album that came out in January.

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”