Good Idea, but wrong timing
50%
Good Idea - head to head
No votes
Good Idea - pool voting
50%
Good Idea - poll voting
No votes
I have a better idea, just comment in thread !
No votes

Total votes: 4

spiritualized
Full of Fire

Idea for an EOY AMF Weekly Chart Contest

Post by spiritualized »

Hello to all,

I have been toying with the idea of hosting an end-of-year contest pitting all the songs that qualified for the official chart.
This would take place over the month of December to have a winner at the end of December.

Several formats could be used :

Head to Head with randomised matches
Pool of 4 voting (my favorite) then head to head
Poll with groups of 16 (like the AMF Chart)

The speed of the contest would need to be fairly high, as there are a lot of songs to go through

The idea would be to remind us of all the songs which have passed through the year and help everyone with their choices for their EOY lists.
But first, I need to gauge the interest - Is this the wrong time to do this (wait until January maybe ?, conflict with Overlooked 2 ?). Would you mind expressing your thoughts through the poll or with your comments ?
andyd1010
Keep On Movin'

Re: Idea for an EOY AMF Weekly Chart Contest

Post by andyd1010 »

I would participate, but some people might see it as a conflict with the standard EOY poll. I also have not heard every song throughout the year, and I'm sure many others haven't either, so it would be tough to get all that listening in with an expedited poll. It would solve both of those problems to have a poll with all the Hall of Famers (or those plus the No. 1s), but that is probably more simplistic than what you envisioned.

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”