Concerts you have coming up

Jirin
Die Mensch Maschine

Re: Concerts you have coming up

Postby Jirin » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:39 am

Looking forward to Janelle Monae next weekend.

Is she as visual a stage performer as she seems she might be based on her themed work?

prosecutorgodot
Rust Never Sleeps

Postby prosecutorgodot » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:17 am

Jirin wrote:Looking forward to Janelle Monae next weekend.

Is she as visual a stage performer as she seems she might be based on her themed work?

I think you're going to love it, but at the same time don't want to raise your hopes too high... :music-listening:
(well I loved it)

Nick
Die Mensch Maschine

Postby Nick » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:09 am

Seeing Radiohead tomorrow! Extremely excited.

carlos74
Start Me Up

Postby carlos74 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:36 pm

I was also in Mad Cool. This is what I could see:

Eels: It was not bad but I like it more on the albums. More rock band than I expected.

Lali Puna: I did not know this group, I only saw them for a while while resting and it was a small revelation. They were on the electronic stage but they sounded more like dream pop to me. I have yet to hear some album.

Leon Bridges: Great concert, more danceable than the albums. "River" seemed like a classic. Old School Soul, I left with the feeling of having seen a future great star.

Tame Impala: They sounded huge, like a stadium band. I did not like that on the screens they showed psychedelic images instead of the group, from far away you could not see anything.

Pearl Jam: I bought the tickets for them, "Vitalogy" was the first CD I had, my mother gave it to me for my birthday! The setlist was ideal, with all the classics. Vedder have not the voice of the first years but seeing them was like fulfilling a dream. The best.

Japandroids: Wow! Tremendous, pure rock and roll.

Perfume Genius: After his last two albums I went with many expectations and they did not disappoint me. Melodramatic pop, another great singer who can be a star.

Arctic Monkeys: The big disappointment, boring. Too much ballad to the piano. I don't like his last album.

Franz Ferdinand: They saved the day with a concert full of hits, super danceable, the opposite of the Monkeys. Great.

Queens of the Stone Age: For me after PJ the big concert was this one. Josh exuded charisma and attitude and refused to play if they did not open the fences of the VIP area to the rest of the people.

Depeche Mode: I liked seeing them because they are a myth, but I think they had the bad luck to play between QOTSA and NIN and at their side they sounded soft. I do not think it was his best night.

Nine Inch Nails: Despite not being a fan I recognize that his concert was very powerful. The closing with "Hurt" was perhaps the best moment of the festival.

In general I left with a bittersweet feeling about the festival. I think that was badly organized. Many great artists played at the same time and I could not see them: YLT, Sampha, Alice in Chains, Black Rebel Motorcycle, Future Islands.

In addition the enclosure was very small and according to the zone the sound of some and others overlapped. Massive Attack canceled for that, although fortunately I had seen them years ago.

Endless queues, high prices... Maybe I'm too old for this, I think it's been my last festival.

Return to “Music, music, music...”