Errors in the 2017 update

Henrik
Site Admin

Re: Errors in the 2017 update

Post by Henrik »

Listyguy wrote:Why are there two versions of Suzanne Vega's "Tom's Dinner" on the AM list? I thought remixes were consolidated with the original song.
Because it was released with DNA as the main artist, featuring SV.
Everyone you meet fights a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.
Henrik
Site Admin

Post by Henrik »

lagire wrote:The Clean song "Tally Ho" Appears on the clash page!
As a consequence, there's no entry for this group
This is not an AM error. The Clean was actually The Clash under a different name, a response to the early Clash fans who thought London Calling’s sound was too clean.

It doesn’t stop there though. They also hired Hamish and David Kilgour and Robert Scott to act like Joe Strummer, Mick Jones and Paul Simonon. This was 7 years before Milli Vanilli! But ”Tally Ho!” didn’t become a big hit enough for this to be widely known.

The Kilgour brothers and Scott eventually continued for real as The Clean. Their first album, ”Vehicle”, was released in 1990.
Sweepstakes Ron
Full of Fire

Post by Sweepstakes Ron »

Henrik wrote:
This is not an AM error. The Clean was actually The Clash under a different name, a response to the early Clash fans who thought London Calling’s sound was too clean.

It doesn’t stop there though. They also hired Hamish and David Kilgour and Robert Scott to act like Joe Strummer, Mick Jones and Paul Simonon. This was 7 years before Milli Vanilli! But ”Tally Ho!” didn’t become a big hit enough for this to be widely known.

The Kilgour brothers and Scott eventually continued for real as The Clean. Their first album, ”Vehicle”, was released in 1990.
Huh, kinda like how Sunny Day Real Estate changed to just Real Estate when their music switched from hardcore emo to warm indie pop, thus making the "Sunny Day" in their name no longer ironic. Or when Aesop Rock started spitting so many wordy rhymes he had to become two rappers just to handle them all, thus causing the split between Aesop Rock and A$AP Rocky.
Splish splash, I was raking in the cash
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

Sweepstakes Ron wrote:
Henrik wrote:

Huh, kinda like how Sunny Day Real Estate changed to just Real Estate when their music switched from hardcore emo to warm indie pop, thus making the "Sunny Day" in their name no longer ironic. Or when Aesop Rock started spitting so many wordy rhymes he had to become two rappers just to handle them all, thus causing the split between Aesop Rock and A$AP Rocky.
Yeah, little known fact: every single British Invasion band who weren't the Beatles just performed songs the Beatles didn't want to do. You see, John and Paul wrote over 120,000,000 songs, and naturally they couldn't fit time in their recording sessions to do them all. So they sent them out to other British bands who wanted to be famous like them and saved the best for themselves (it was a sheet music mix-up that forced them to keep "Revolution 9" and gave away "Pinball Wizard").
"Satisfaction"? John and Paul. "Waterloo Sunset"? John and Paul. "We Gotta Get Out of This Place"? John and Paul. "I'm Henery the Eighth, I Am"? Well, actually that one was Ringo, but he doesn't like talking about it. They even sent songs to other countries. Ever wonder why "Friday on My Mind" sounds so much like a Beatles song? You guessed it, John and Paul. John didn't really die, either: he just got chained up in Liam Gallagher's basement so he could write every single Oasis song. Rumor has it the reason the Gallaghers won't reunite is because they can't decide who'll tell John they broke up in the first place (he's still figuring out a new intro to "Don't Look Back in Anger" - he put the "Imagine" bit in as a placeholder).
Music is a world within itself, with a language we all understand - Sir Duke (1976)
lagire
Keep On Movin'

Post by lagire »

Donald Fagen I.G.Y. is N°92 on El Pais (Spain) - 100 Musicians Choose 100 Songs That Changed Their Lives (2009)
under the title "International Geophysical Year"

Idem for Johnny Kidd and The Pirates Shakin' All Over under his real name Frederick Heath
lagire
Keep On Movin'

Post by lagire »

Blues March from Art Blakey is listed on Fréderic Platzer (France) - Le top 100 du jazz [Top 100 Jazz Songs] (2010)

On the same list, In a Sentimental Mood of Duke Ellington is on AM with the 1935 Version but in the list, its is mentionned as the 1963 Version with John Coltrane.

On the other hand, "Gerry Mulligan Quartet feat. Chet Baker My Funny Valentine" is listed in the list with the 1975 Carnegie Hall Version. Don't know if it could be included with the 1953 Version.

Bechet "Petite Fleur" is also listed in the list
lagire
Keep On Movin'

Post by lagire »

Wow There's many misses again on the list.
Another one, Horace Silver The Preacher

Idem for Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong Summertime

It's not the 1941 Version of Take the "A" Train that's mentionned but the 1962 Version with Count Basie
lagire
Keep On Movin'

Post by lagire »

There's 2 entries for Creation Group
Nick
Running Up That Hill

Post by Nick »

The Jimi Hendrix song "Voodoo Child (Slight Return)" is listed on AM as "Voodoo Chile (Slight Return)".
lagire
Keep On Movin'

Post by lagire »

There's twice Étienne de Crécy on artist list
lagire
Keep On Movin'

Post by lagire »

Dead Milkmen is twice on artist list
idem for Dead Weather
jamesnorman83
Are You Experienced?

Post by jamesnorman83 »

Some more pedantry from me...

1. Pearl Jam’s album “Vs.” should include a full stop

2. Michael Chapman's track "Postcards of Scarborough" is incorrectly listed as "Postcards Old Scarborough"

3. "Spiritwalker" by The Cult is one word, not two

4. "Waltz #2 (XO)" by Elliott Smith is missing the (XO)

5. "On & On" by Erykah Badu is written with an ampersand

6. Shouldn't the 'so' in "She's So Unusual" by Cyndi Lauper be capitalised?

7. "Irish Blood, English Heart" by Morrissey is missing the comma

8. "Sex Bomb" is by Tom Jones with Mousse T.

9. "Bug Powder Dust" is by Bomb the Bass with Justin Warfield

10. "Has It Come to This?" by The Streets should contain a question mark...

11. ...whereas "Where Did You Sleep Last Night" by Nirvana shouldn't

12. "Crimewave" is a collaboration between Crystal Castles and HEALTH, and should be listed as Crystal Castles vs. HEALTH (and should show on HEALTH's page too).
bonnielaurel
Keep On Movin'

Post by bonnielaurel »

Bette Midler's "The Rose" is listed as 1980, but it was already on the soundtrack album of 1979.
De gustibus et coloribus non est disputandum.
Nick
Running Up That Hill

Post by Nick »

The Len Barry song "1-2-3" is listed on this website as "2003-1-2".
Live in Phoenix
Full of Fire

Post by Live in Phoenix »

Whitesnake - Here I Go Again
This site places it at 1987, as most people probably would. It originally popped up on a 1982 LP, Saints & Sinners.
Wikipedia lists all the recording personnel between the 1982 version, and the 1987 version (and a different 1987 version) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Here_I_Go_Again
Rate Your Music, Track B1 on Saints & Sinners: https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album ... sinners-1/
YouTube of 1982 version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGIHaKCeVYk
"Here I Go Again" first charted in Britain in November, 1982, in an earlier incarnation. "I wrote the song in Portugal in 1981," says Whitesnake leader and founder David Coverdale. "We recorded it on [Saints and Sinners] ... This album was not released in the U.S., so the song remained undetected for a long time." -- The Billboard Book of Number One Hits, Fred Bronson
Gin Blossoms - Hey Jealousy
This site places it at 1992. It was on their earliest LP, Dusted, from 1989.
Rate Your Music, Track B3 on Dusted: https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album ... /dusted-1/
YouTube of 1989 version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5JNwinCmuA
Last edited by Live in Phoenix on Sun May 06, 2018 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kingoftonga
Rust Never Sleeps

Post by Kingoftonga »

Urge Overkill's "You'll Be A Woman Soon" actually came out in 1992, not 1994. It's on the band's Stull EP (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stull_(EP)). I think the song is commonly mistaken as a 1994 release because of its inclusion in the Pulp Fiction soundtrack.
McJagger
Strange Fruit

Post by McJagger »

The name of the Public Image Ltd album is "The Flowers of Romance" (with a definite article). The name of the Public Image Ltd song on that album is "Flowers of Romance" (without a definite article). You call both the album and the song "Flowers of Romance" (without a definite article).
Listyguy
Running Up That Hill

Post by Listyguy »

I didn't look into this extensively, but both RYM and Wikipedia have "Dubnobasswithmyheadman" listed as a 1994 release, whereas here it's 1993.
jamesnorman83
Are You Experienced?

Post by jamesnorman83 »

Hi all,

A few more bits and bobs from me.

1. John Lennon's "Instant Karma! (We All Shine On)" is missing the exclamation mark

2. "Devils Haircut" by Beck doesn't have an apostrophe

3. Oasis' "Cigarettes & Alcohol" is written with an ampersand, and "Rock 'n' Roll Star" is written with more spaces than on AM

4. "TVC 15" by David Bowie has a space between the letters and the numbers

5. N.E.R.D do not have a full stop after the "D". It is also normally stylised as N*E*R*D. And their track "Lapdance" should also feature Lee Harvey and Vita.

6. Travis' "Why Does It Always Rain on Me?" is missing the question mark...

7. ...while "What Became of the Likely Lads" by The Libertines doesn't have one

8. Seems only fair that Armand van Helden has "Professional Widow (Armand's Star Trunk Funkin' Mix)" listed on his page?

9. "Mr. Loverman" is by Shabba Ranks with Chevelle Franklin

10. The Stooges' "T.V. Eye" is missing the dots
Nick
Running Up That Hill

Post by Nick »

The Beach Boys' song "'Til I Die" is listed on this site as "Till I Die".
stone37
Different Class

Post by stone37 »

"Dueling Banjos" should be 1972. Wikipedia says song was released in December 1972. It entered Billboard Hot 100 in early January, which strongly suggests a late 1972 release. RYM says 1973, but the picture of the 45 that goes along with the entry says 1972.
jamesnorman83
Are You Experienced?

Post by jamesnorman83 »

I think “Al Capone” by Prince Buster should be listed for 1965. The earliest definitive release date on Discogs is ‘65 (by Prince Buster’s All Stars) which tallies with RYM. Although Wikipedia shows ‘64 the Discogs page it cites has no date attached. So ‘65 seems more appropriate.
Shakermaker
Are You Experienced?

Post by Shakermaker »

The Clientele's "An Hour Before the Light" was first released in 1999.

Franz Ferdinand's "Matinée" is titled "The Dark of the Matinée" on the album track listing (it was retitled for the later single release).

The complete title of Nelly's song "Country Grammar" is "Country Grammar (Hot Shit)".

The artist credit for "Get Low" is currently "Lil Jon and The Eastside Boyz feat. Busta Rhymes, Elephant Man & Ying-Yang Twins" but I don't think they all belong - Busta and Elephant Man were featured on a later remix of the song but the original version (the hit single, and the version being referred to on virtually all the lists it appears on) was only credited to Lil Jon and The Eastside Boyz feat. Ying Yang Twins.

"If I Ain't Got You" is credited to "Alicia Keys & Usher" - Usher is only featured on a remix; these lists refer to the original version which only featured Keys.

"Survivalism" is credited to "Nine Inch Nails feat. Saul Williams" - to my knowledge this song has always been credited solely to Nine Inch Nails (Discogs says Williams was featured on some alternate versions but not the original version; Wikipedia says he does "backing vocals" on the original, which I'm not sure constitutes a featured credit)

Birdman is featured on Young Thug's "Constantly Hating" and DJ Khaled's "We Takin' Over" but the songs don't appear on his artist page (http://www.acclaimedmusic.net/artist/Baby.htm - he's dropped the Baby alias and has gone by Birdman since)

"Walkabout" by Atlas Sound feat. Noah Lennox should perhaps appear on Panda Bear's page too considering that Panda Bear is Lennox's main alias.

Some minor typos / capitalization fixes...
"Busby Berkely Dreams" --> "Busby Berkeley Dreams"
Daft Punk's "Face to face" --> "Face to Face"
"Ghostface Killah feat .Jadakiss" - misplaced period before "Jadakiss"
"Syleenah Johnson" --> "Syleena Johnson"
"Sugar, We're Going Down" --> "Sugar, We're Goin Down"
"Yin Yang Twins" --> "Ying Yang Twins"
"Fratellis" --> "The Fratellis"
"Clipse with Slim Thug" --> "Clipse feat. Slim Thug"
"Yung Joc with Nitti" --> "Yung Joc feat. Nitti"
"Beyoncé with Jay-Z" --> "Beyoncé feat. Jay-Z"
"Snoop Doggy Dogg feat. B-Real" --> "Snoop Dogg feat. B-Real"

Missing featured artist / co-artist credits...
Ja Rule and Amil - featured on Jay-Z's "Can I Get A..."
Rikrok - featured on Shaggy's "It Wasn't Me"
UGK and Project Pat - featured on Three 6 Mafia's "Sippin' on Some Syrup"
Lee Harvey and Vita - featured on N.E.R.D's "Lapdance"
Eve - featured on Missy Elliott's "4 My People"
Ludacris - featured on Missy Elliott's "One Minute Man"
Matthew Santos - featured on Lupe Fiasco's "Superstar"
Reark - co-artist on Zomby's "Natalia's Song"
2 Chainz - featured on Nicki Minaj's "Beez in the Trap"
2 Chainz, Drake and Kendrick Lamar - featured on A$AP Rocky's "Fuckin' Problems"
Majid Jordan - featured on Drake's "Hold On, We're Going Home"
Jay-Z - featured on Justin Timberlake's "Suit & Tie"
J. Cole - featured on Jeremih's "Planez"
Remy Boyz - featured on Fetty Wap's "679"
Eric Nally, Melle Mel, Kool Moe Dee and Grandmaster Caz - featured on Macklemore & Ryan Lewis' "Downtown"
bonnielaurel
Keep On Movin'

Post by bonnielaurel »

Martin Denny - Quiet Village

Listed as 1959, but RYM puts it on the 1957 album "Exotica" already.
De gustibus et coloribus non est disputandum.
jamesnorman83
Are You Experienced?

Post by jamesnorman83 »

Hi all,

Some other spots...

1. "Beautiful Son" by Hole is incorrectly listed as "My Beautiful Son"

2. "B.O.B (Bombs Over Baghdad)" by OutKast doesn't have spaces between the letters and doesn't have a full stop after the last 'B'

3. "Radio, Radio" should be credited to Elvis Costello and The Attractions. You might also want to add the comma as that's how it was first written on the U.S. release of This Year's Model but the single version omits it

4. Similarly, "(What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love and Understanding" is missing the comma, should not include an ampersand, and should be credited to Elvis Costello and The Attractions

5. CeCe Peniston's name is written correctly in the sidebar but is wrong on her page: http://www.acclaimedmusic.net/artist/Ce ... niston.htm

6. I'm not sure "Elected" by Alice Cooper should contain an exclamation mark. The picture sleeve shows an exclamation mark but the actual record itself omits it

7. Incredible Bongo Band do not use a 'The' in their name

8. The Human League's "Love Action (I Believe in Love)" is missing the part in brackets...

9. ...as is Mountain's "Nantucket Sleighride (For Owen Coffin)"

10. Oasis' "D'You Know What I Mean?" is missing the question mark

11. "There, There, My Dear" by Dexys Midnight Runners is missing the commas

12. The 'should have' in Jeff Buckley's "Lover, You Should've Come Over" should be contracted

13. "You Got Me" is by The Roots Feat. Erykah Badu & Eve
stone37
Different Class

Post by stone37 »

The Haggard and Nelson cover of "Pancho and Lefty" should be in 1983, not 1982. RYM, Wikipedia, and Billboard all agree.

"Money Don't Matter 2 Night' should be in 1991. It was first released on the Diamonds and Pearls LP.

Shouldn't "Dre Day" be in 1992 with the rest of the tracks from The Chronic?
Shakermaker
Are You Experienced?

Post by Shakermaker »

Ned Raggett's "The Top 136 Albums of the Nineties (1999)" list contains Placebo by Placebo (#94) and Down Colorful Hill by Red House Painters (#95), but this isn't reflected on their respective album pages.
stone37
Different Class

Post by stone37 »

Boy George's version of "The Crying Game" should be 1992. RYM lists it as 1993, but that is not correct. The song debuted and peaked in the UK pop charts in 1992. Wikipedia also has the correct release date.

"Crazy" by Aerosmith should be listed in 1993. It was on the Get a Grip LP from that year.
jamesnorman83
Are You Experienced?

Post by jamesnorman83 »

1. I'm not convinced "Someone to Watch Over Me" was released in 1945 although it was recorded then. It looks like it was first issued on Columbia 36921 but I can't find a definitive release date for it. It definitely on his The Voice of Frank Sinatra album from 1946 so that may be a safer bet.

2. "Police & Thieves" by The Clash is written with an ampersand

3. The Moldy Peaches' "Who's Got the Crack" doesn't have a question mark...

4. ...and nor has "Where Have All the Good Times Gone" by The Kinks

5. Erykah Badu's song "Otherside of the Game" is written as four words, not five

5. "What a Waste", "There Ain't Half Been Some Clever Bastards" and "Reasons to Be Cheerful, Part 3" should be credited to Ian Dury & The Blockheads

6. Led Zeppelin's "D'yer Mak'er" is missing an apostrophe
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

Question: why are the Bee Gees still considered Australian? They were all born in the UK and lived/made the majority of their music there. They only lived in Australia for three or so years in the '60s.
Music is a world within itself, with a language we all understand - Sir Duke (1976)
Henrik
Site Admin

Post by Henrik »

StevieFan13 wrote:Question: why are the Bee Gees still considered Australian? They were all born in the UK and lived/made the majority of their music there. They only lived in Australia for three or so years in the '60s.
For artists the country info is flexible ("Born, raised and/or currently living in...") but for bands it's (so far) just "Formed in..." and Bee Gees were formed in Australia.
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

Henrik wrote:
StevieFan13 wrote:Question: why are the Bee Gees still considered Australian? They were all born in the UK and lived/made the majority of their music there. They only lived in Australia for three or so years in the '60s.
For artists the country info is flexible ("Born, raised and/or currently living in...") but for bands it's (so far) just "Formed in..." and Bee Gees were formed in Australia.
Ah, fair.
jamesnorman83
Are You Experienced?

Post by jamesnorman83 »

The entry for the group ‘Together’ seems a bit inconsistent. The track “Together” is credited to DJ Falcon and Thomas Bangalter (Together) and shows on Bangalter’s own page (DJ Falcon doesn’t have his own one).

However, the track “So Much Love to Give” is only credited to ‘Together’ and doesn’t show on Bangalter’s page. I’d have thought that either both should or neither should, and that the artist names should be consistent as they’re the only two tracks they ever released under that name.
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

Kate Nash is from England, not Ireland.
McJagger
Strange Fruit

Post by McJagger »

Should "Get Back" be considered a Billy Preston song?
DadHasADD
Only Sixteen

Post by DadHasADD »

"The Weavers at Carnegie Hall", #2353 on the Top Albums list, was released in 1957, not 1956.

Source: https://www.discogs.com/The-Weavers-The ... se/4225341
DadHasADD
Only Sixteen

Post by DadHasADD »

The Jazz Workshop by George Russell, #1920 on the Top Albums list, was released in 1957, not 1956. Source: https://www.discogs.com/George-Russell- ... se/2934510
jamesnorman83
Are You Experienced?

Post by jamesnorman83 »

Shouldn’t Brian Jackson have his own page? He has dual credit on the album ‘Winter in America’ with Gil Scott-Heron, as well as the tracks “The Bottle”, “Winter in America”, and “We Almost Lost Detroit”.
Nick
Running Up That Hill

Post by Nick »

The Alice Coltrane song "Journey in Satchidananda" is from 1970, not 1971.
jamesnorman83
Are You Experienced?

Post by jamesnorman83 »

A few more observations...

1. "My Legendary Girlfriend" by Pulp is from 1991, not 1990 (the 12" was released in March '91)

2. The full name of the track by Us3 is "Cantaloop (Flip Fantasia)". Also, the group name is usual written as Us3 not US 3

3. "Rock N Roll Nigger" is how the Patti Smith Group track should be written

4. The Style Council's "Shout to the Top!" and "Walls Come Tumbling Down!" contain an exclamation mark

5. "Man Out of Time" should be credited to Elvis Costello & The Attractions

6. A really picky one, but "2000 Light Years from Home" by The Rolling Stones doesn't contain a comma
jamesnorman83
Are You Experienced?

Post by jamesnorman83 »

Some more bits...

1. Everything in parentheses is missing from "The Bitterest Pill (I Ever Had to Swallow)" by The Jam

2. The dashes are missing from "2-4-6-8 Motorway" by the Tom Robinson Band

3. To be consistent with the way the album title has been written, "Oxygène (Part IV)" by Jean Michel Jarre should have a grave accent on the first 'e'. The 'IV' should also be in parentheses with the word 'Part'

4. "I've Gotta Get a Message to You" by the Bee Gees uses the word 'gotta' rather than 'got to'

5. Basement Jaxx's "Jump n' Shout" only contains one apostrophe

6. "Fire" should really be credited to The Crazy World of Arthur Brown

7. "History Lesson – Part II" by Minutemen is written with a dash rather than in parentheses

8. I’d say The Animals’ classic should be written “The House of the Rising Sun” - the original single version included a leading ‘the’ and is very often seen written that way

9. "Surf" by Donnie Trumpet & The Social Experiment features Jamila Woods
jamesnorman83
Are You Experienced?

Post by jamesnorman83 »

And some more bits while I'm at it

1. "It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding)" by Bob Dylan contains a comma...

2. ...conversely, "Within You Without You" by The Beatles doesn't...

3. ...nor does "Wake Up Boo!" by The Boo Radleys

4. ...and likewise "Gone Gone Gone (Done Moved On) by Robert Plant and Alison Krauss doesn't contain any commas

5. The Beach Boys track from 1971 should be written "'Til I Die" (i.e. with an apostrophe before the Til)

6. "Power to the People" should be credited to John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band

7. "Warm Heart of Africa" by The Very Best features Ezra Koenig

8. None of the words from "When You Dance I Can Really Love" by Neil Young are in parentheses
Henrik
Site Admin

Post by Henrik »

Nick wrote:The Alice Coltrane song "Journey in Satchidananda" is from 1970, not 1971.
I think it was recorded in 1970 and released in 1971, no? On the other hand, it features Pharoah Sanders.
Nick
Running Up That Hill

Post by Nick »

Henrik wrote:
Nick wrote:The Alice Coltrane song "Journey in Satchidananda" is from 1970, not 1971.
I think it was recorded in 1970 and released in 1971, no? On the other hand, it features Pharoah Sanders.
My mistake! The Wikipedia page for her lists the album as 1970, but both RYM and discogs say 1971. Looks like I got this one wrong!
lagire
Keep On Movin'

Post by lagire »

GERRY MULLIGAN - LINE FOR LYONS (1952) appears on Guido Michielone (Italy) - Jazz Forever: 1020 Tunes 1894-2015 (2015)

Isn't it a confusion with one the 2 others italian jazz lists Ted Gioia (USA) - The History of Jazz: Recommended Listenings (2011) or Stefano Zenni (Italy) - I Segretti del Jazz [History of Jazz]: Key Tracks 1900-1956 (2008) ?

Clifford Brown & Max Roach Daahoud appears also on Guido Michielone (Italy) - Jazz Forever: 1020 Tunes 1894-2015 (2015)
lagire
Keep On Movin'

Post by lagire »

In Benny Goodman page, there's twice Good Enough to Keep/Air Mail Special song
jamesnorman83
Are You Experienced?

Post by jamesnorman83 »

1. John Lee Hooker's track "Boogie Chillen'" should contain an apostrophe

2. "Foxy Lady" by the Jimi Hendrix Experience didn't contain an 'e' when it was first released on the 'Are You Experienced?' album - it was only added for the later U.S. single release

3. Roots Manuva's "Witness (1 Hope)" is written with a numeral

4. The full title of Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan's track from 1990 is "Mustt Mustt (Lost in His Work)"

5. When originally released, Elton John's "Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting" didn't contain any parentheses...

6. ...and nor did "Someone Somewhere in Summertime" by Simple Minds on their 1982 album 'New Gold Dream (81–82–83–84)' (which should also be written with dashes rather than commas

7. "Happy Xmas (War Is Over)" should be credited to John Lennon & Yoko Ono/Plastic Ono Band

8. "Discothèque" by U2 should have a grave accent on the first 'e'
lagire
Keep On Movin'

Post by lagire »

Count Basie & Joe Williams Every Day (I Have the Blues) appears on Guido Michielone (Italy) - Jazz Forever: 1020 Tunes 1894-2015 (2015)
under JOE WILIAMS & COUNT BASIE - EVERY DAY I HAVE THE BLUES (1955)
Henrik
Site Admin

Post by Henrik »

Thanks jamesnorman83, shakermaker, lagire and everyone else for your corrections! Thanks to you the info on AM is improving with each update!

I would like to close this topic. If you are just about to post something then go ahead and post what you have, but please don't look for further errors until after the site update. Thanks!
Live in Phoenix
Full of Fire

Post by Live in Phoenix »

Bob Seger's "Turn the Page" is placed here at 1977. But that's the live version. (And that album, 'Live' Bullet, was released in 1976. The song was pulled as a single in 1977.) The song's first release dates back to 1973, on the Back in '72 album.

Track "A5" on Back in '72, January 1973
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album ... ack-in-72/

On YouTube ("Is it woman, is it man" instead "Is that a woman or a man"; without the orchestral mellotron sound, and with quieter saxophone)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sTJnz6b6eY

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”