Acclaimed Music demographics polls 2017: results

Pierre
Into the Groove

Acclaimed Music demographics polls 2017: results

Post by Pierre »

Let's make that the end of our demographics survey for this year. They're still open, but I will no longer monitor the results. And here they are as of 01/11/2017 (or 11/01/2017, depending of your approach):

Geographic origin: New York, I love you, but...

Canada - 2
Western U.S. (including Alaska and Hawaii) - 7
Midwestern U.S. - 9
Southern/Southeast U.S. - 5
Northeast U.S. - 10
Latin America and the Caribbean - 3
U.K. and Ireland - 9
Nordic countries (Scandinavia, Finland and Iceland) - 2
Benelux (Belgium, The Netherlands and Luxembourg) - 6
Germany, Switzerland and Austria - 4
France - 7
Spain and Portugal - 4
Italy and Greece - 0
Eastern Europe - 1
Africa - 0
Middle East - 0
Russia - 0
Mongolia, China, Japan and Korea - 2
India and Southeast Asia - 3
Australia + New Zealand (and Oceania) - 8

Age of the members: Gotta love millenials

Before the 1940s - 0
1940s - 0
1950s - 4
1960s - 6
1970s - 20
1980s - 23
1990s - 25
2000s - 2
2010s - 0

Genders: Boys, boys, boys...

Male - 56
Female - 3
Other - 2

82 people voted in the first poll, 80 in the second, but only 61 in the last. I wonder why this is so - is there more shyness about that? I'm probably dreaming, but I hope there are a lot of women who were dismayed by the first results of the genders poll and just didn't vote and look at it again.

Anyway, that's who we are, mostly from the English-speaking world, born somewhere between the 1970s and the 1990s, and, well boys. Lots of boys, actually. Maybe lists are a thing for such demographics.

There you have your results, Dexter :greetings-waveyellow: ;)
Dexter
Movin' On Up

Re: Acclaimed Music demographics polls 2017: results

Post by Dexter »

Thank you very much Pierre, Excellent job! :obscene-drinkingcheers:

I'm not particularly surprised by the results but I do hope for more diversity moving forward, we'll see during the future polls but for now if a detective comes across an AMFer as a suspect in whatever he'll probably would look for a North American male in his late 20's and early 30's with an intense passion for Radiohead. Good thing I don't fit that description :)
Pierre
Into the Groove

Re: Acclaimed Music demographics polls 2017: results

Post by Pierre »

Dexter wrote:Thank you very much Pierre, Excellent job! :obscene-drinkingcheers:

I'm not particularly surprised by the results but I do hope for more diversity moving forward, we'll see during the future polls but for now if a detective comes across an AMFer as a suspect in whatever he'll probably would look for a North American male in his late 20's and early 30's with an intense passion for Radiohead. Good thing I don't fit that description :)
And I only fit one criterion out of those four. I'm probably safe for now as well :mrgreen:

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”