Poll: Favourite Live Albums - Planning/Toughts?

Madzong
Shake Some Action

Poll: Favourite Live Albums - Planning/Toughts?

Post by Madzong »

Sunwoo1213 brought up an interesting point some weeks ago:
Sunwoo1213 wrote:Can I Know the best Live albums sorted by AM Rank?

The Best would be Live at the Apollo (#48), and next will be At Fillmore East (#140)..

is there a sorted list which only contains live albums?
So I thought that although we can't sort AM for the top live albums, maybe we could come up with some recommendations. (Hopefully a poll focusing on live albums hasn't been done for a while).

So I'm thinking this:

List up to 10 of your favourite live albums.

I will use the Formula One Scoring system:

Points are awarded as follows: 1st place - 25 points; 2nd -18; 3rd - 15; 4th -12; 5th - 10; 6th - 8; 7th - 6; 8th - 4; 9th - 2; 10th - 1

Deadline for lists TBA
Last edited by Madzong on Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
"On a mountain range, I'm Dr. Strange"
Madzong
Shake Some Action

Re: Poll: Favourite Live Albums!

Post by Madzong »

Bump

Is anyone keen for this? If not no worries :)
"On a mountain range, I'm Dr. Strange"
Pierre
Into the Groove

Re: Poll: Favourite Live Albums!

Post by Pierre »

madzong wrote:Bump

Is anyone keen for this? If not no worries :)
I'm pretty sure that people can be interested but it's not necessarily the right time for this, as BleuPanda just started an ambitious women-in-music poll. Also, the update is right around the corner and most probably people will be talking about it a lot and it will reboot/remodulate some long term ongoing polls, so their minds will be elsewhere.

Finally, I think that only 10 live albums won't be enough to catch people's interest. You should raise the bar to maybe 30 or 50.

Try again later, perhaps in January, and make a planning thread before (I see you added planning/thoughts to the title of the thread but maybe you should have started with it before setting up the rules).
Rob
Die Mensch Maschine

Re: Poll: Favourite Live Albums - Planning/Toughts?

Post by Rob »

I agree with Pierre. Too much going on here for this now. I really like to do this, but perhaps it takes a bit more work. I think going for a top 10 maximum per person will make it too flimsy. Especially since I suspect that only the usual suspects (Live at the Appollo, At Filmore East, Live at Leeds, etc.) will be known very well. My guess is that it should be an extended game that also works as something like an introduction to live albums you don't know in the process. I'd go for the long game here.

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”