6%
Wolf Alice - Don't Delete The Kisses
5%

Total votes: 129

spiritualized
Full of Fire

AMF Weekly Chart 17.37

Post by spiritualized »

Hello to all, here is installment 37 of your favorite chart on the web.
THANK YOU for your votes last week, good showing @ 121 votes.

Noteworthy :

:scared-shocked: St Vincent 'Los Ageless' slots itself past LCD Soundsystem and reaches numero UNO
:scared-shocked: Two new entries - Portugal, The Man (a re-entry) and the Horrors "Something to Remember me By"
:scared-shocked: Kicked out : Charlotte Gainsbourg ( :? ) and GYBE
:scared-shocked: No Hoffers this week

Without further ado, here is your chart - HAPPY VOTING !

The Chart :

Hall of Fame 2017

2017 Chart (number of weeks as n°1)

A Tribe Called Quest - Conrad Tokyo (1)
David Bowie - No Plan (1)
The xx - Say Something Loving (4)
Spoon - Hot Thoughts (1)
Sampha - Blood on Me (3)
Fleet Foxes - Third of May/Odaigahara (5)
Spoon - Do I Have To Talk You Into It (2)
Kendrick Lamar - HUMBLE. (1)
The National - The System Only Dreams in Total Darkness (2)
LCD Soundsystem - Call The Police (6)
Radiohead - I Promise (2)
Radiohead - Man of War (3)
The National - Guilty Party (5)
LCD Soundsystem - How Do You Sleep (2)
St Vincent - Los Ageless (1)
spiritualized
Full of Fire

Re: AMF Weekly Chart 17.37

Post by spiritualized »

And for those (of which I can count myself one of) who are rather frustrated with the slim chances of the newcomers... Fix yourself a rule : give at least THREE of your votes to new-ish acts (the bottom 10 on the list, the top 10 in the playlist)

Thanks !
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

Gonna re-nom Amar Pelos Dois and The Night Josh Tillman Listened to My Song, both of which deserved better.
Music is a world within itself, with a language we all understand - Sir Duke (1976)
Rdwdbob
Keep On Movin'

Post by Rdwdbob »

spiritualized wrote:And for those (of which I can count myself one of) who are rather frustrated with the slim chances of the newcomers... Fix yourself a rule : give at least THREE of your votes to new-ish acts (the bottom 10 on the list, the top 10 in the playlist)

Thanks !

Great idea!! I usually tend to vote for over 50% of the newbies on a weekly basis. I always listen to every song every week and it's amazing how the songs that make it through sometimes grow on me. I only vote for the songs I like and not because I'm in love with the artist. I've been here since close to the beginning and I can't tell you how much great music I've been turned onto that I otherwise may have never heard. Thanks to Setherex (whatever happened to that guy - hope he's well) and most definitely you Spiritualized for the GREAT job you two have done with this site. Rock On! :music-rockon:
Rdwdbob
Keep On Movin'

Post by Rdwdbob »

Weezer - 'Weekend Woman' (Classic Weezer sound and one of their best! What a tune!! Cannot wait for the full album)
Madzong
Shake Some Action

Post by Madzong »

StevieFan13 wrote:Gonna re-nom Amar Pelos Dois and The Night Josh Tillman Listened to My Song, both of which deserved better.
I second these nominations.

You were right Stevie in regards to your comments last week. So just as Spiritualised recommended, I have given overthree of my votes to new artists.

I would also like to re-nominate the Samia track from last week. Hopefully it will also do better next week!
"On a mountain range, I'm Dr. Strange"
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

madzong wrote:
StevieFan13 wrote:Gonna re-nom Amar Pelos Dois and The Night Josh Tillman Listened to My Song, both of which deserved better.

You were right Stevie in regards to your comments last week. So just as Spiritualised recommended, I have given overthree of my votes to new artists.

I would also like to re-nominate the Samia track from last week. Hopefully it will also do better next week!
You're a good guy. Also! Cut to the Feeling got two re-noms last week, so it should also be back.
Music is a world within itself, with a language we all understand - Sir Duke (1976)
DaveC
Running Up That Hill

Post by DaveC »

Nominations
The Breath - Child
Ezra Furman - Driving Down to L.A.
Tusks - London Thunder
jamieW
Keep On Movin'

Post by jamieW »

spiritualized wrote:And for those (of which I can count myself one of) who are rather frustrated with the slim chances of the newcomers... Fix yourself a rule : give at least THREE of your votes to new-ish acts (the bottom 10 on the list, the top 10 in the playlist)

Thanks !
Thanks, spiritualized! And I want to apologize for even bringing up the "new song/artist" subject in the first place. I don't even know what I meant to accomplish. I think I just read StevieFan's frustration with a new artist not getting votes and it brought back a concern I'd had for quite a while now. Still, the point is for everyone to vote for the songs they like the best, and if that means more votes for familiar artists, then that's just the way it is. At any rate, I plan on voting again from here on out and I won't bring it up again. I do appreciate all the work you put into this each week and have discovered so many new favorites through the AM weekly chart.
Madzong
Shake Some Action

Post by Madzong »

Rdwdbob wrote:Weezer - 'Weekend Woman' (Classic Weezer sound and one of their best! What a tune!! Cannot wait for the full album)
Yeah! I second Weezer too!
Madzong
Shake Some Action

Post by Madzong »

Also, it's good to see some of the lesser known artists (like my nom 'Leisure') getting some of the votes!

Thanks all!
Madzong
Shake Some Action

Post by Madzong »

I'd like to nominate 'Royal Blue' by Ladi6. The EP came out in June but this track only was realised about 3 months ago.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CGs3b6l2smY

Also 'Perfect Places' by Lorde

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J0DjcsK_-HY
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

madzong wrote:I'd like to nominate 'Royal Blue' by Ladi6. The EP came out in June but this track only was realised about 3 months ago.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CGs3b6l2smY

Also 'Perfect Places' by Lorde

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J0DjcsK_-HY
Seconding both of these!
JWinton
Strange Fruit

Post by JWinton »

Lorde - Homemade Dynamite
Madzong
Shake Some Action

Post by Madzong »

JWinton wrote:Lorde - Homemade Dynamite
Good song - seconded
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

madzong wrote:
JWinton wrote:Lorde - Homemade Dynamite
Good song - seconded
Thirded!
spiritualized
Full of Fire

Post by spiritualized »

StevieFan13 wrote:
madzong wrote:

You're a good guy. Also! Cut to the Feeling got two re-noms last week, so it should also be back.

Hi, I think I got the rules mixed up. I thought it needed three renoms to be allowed back, but it's probably only two.
If someone would be kind enough to find the original rulebook, I'd appreciate.
spiritualized
Full of Fire

Post by spiritualized »

Rdwdbob wrote:

Thanks !

Great idea!! I usually tend to vote for over 50% of the newbies on a weekly basis. I always listen to every song every week and it's amazing how the songs that make it through sometimes grow on me. I only vote for the songs I like and not because I'm in love with the artist. I've been here since close to the beginning and I can't tell you how much great music I've been turned onto that I otherwise may have never heard. Thanks to Setherex (whatever happened to that guy - hope he's well) and most definitely you Spiritualized for the GREAT job you two have done with this site. Rock On! :music-rockon:
Thank you Rdw - it's a work of love - your encouragements are what keeps me going !
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

spiritualized wrote:
StevieFan13 wrote:
madzong wrote:

Hi, I think I got the rules mixed up. I thought it needed three renoms to be allowed back, but it's probably only two.
There is no rule about renoms, to my knowledge. All I saw was that the more nominations a song got, the better a chance it had of getting on the chart.
Rdwdbob
Keep On Movin'

Post by Rdwdbob »

spiritualized wrote:
StevieFan13 wrote:
madzong wrote:

I’m not 100% sure (maybe 98.5%) but I agree with Spiritualized that it’s 3 re-noms or more. Otherwise what’s the point. The track didn’t make it through the first time so you’ve gotta have a substantial interest in bringing it back or you’re simply wasting a spot for a more interesting nomination.
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

Rdwdbob wrote:
spiritualized wrote:
StevieFan13 wrote: You're a good guy. Also! Cut to the Feeling got two re-noms last week, so it should also be back.

I’m not 100% sure (maybe 98.5%) but I agree with Spiritualized that it’s 3 re-noms or more. Otherwise what’s the point. The track didn’t make it through the first time so you’ve gotta have a substantial interest in bringing it back or you’re simply wasting a spot for a more interesting nomination.
You don't think two would be sufficient?
Rdwdbob
Keep On Movin'

Post by Rdwdbob »

StevieFan13 wrote:
Rdwdbob wrote:
spiritualized wrote:

You don't think two would be sufficient?
Sorry Stevie. I do think that re-noms have to be three or more. Fresh nominations that have two seconds (you know what I mean) get preferential placement on the new chart. A song that couldn’t make it through their initial run has to have more re-noms than two to get back on the chart or the odds are they won’t make it very far in their second run.
spiritualized
Full of Fire

Post by spiritualized »

RDW got it right. I also feel two is simply not enough. And to be fair that's the unsaid rule I have been using recently...
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

spiritualized wrote:RDW got it right. I also feel two is simply not enough. And to be fair that's the unsaid rule I have been using recently...
Alright, so still waiting on more re-noms.
jamieW
Keep On Movin'

Post by jamieW »

I will renominate Samia, too. I think that pushes her through to next week...
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

jamieW wrote:I will renominate Samia, too. I think that pushes her through to next week...
Great! Renominated Cut to the Feeling and Amar Pelos Dois as well, if those also tickle your fancy (seconding both would also push them through).
Madzong
Shake Some Action

Post by Madzong »

StevieFan13 wrote:
jamieW wrote:I will renominate Samia, too. I think that pushes her through to next week...
Great! Renominated Cut to the Feeling and Amar Pelos Dois as well, if those also tickle your fancy (seconding both would also push them through).
Seconded!
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

madzong wrote:
StevieFan13 wrote:
Seconded!
I think you already seconded Amar Pelos Dois, but that does push Cut to the Feeling over!
Brad
Higher Ground

Post by Brad »

nit sure if you need more noms but i'd like to throw in
Big Thief - Capacity
if it has not already been chosen.

Thanks!
Madzong
Shake Some Action

Post by Madzong »

It's nice to see some of the newer / lesser known artists getting some votes :)
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

Sleater-Kinney - Here We Come

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”