Advertising in the forum

Henrik
Site Admin

Advertising in the forum

Post by Henrik »

I think the standard way to handle advertising in a forum like this, especially if it's by first time posters, is to delete such posts and probably ban the accounts too. But as long as it's music related and doesn't mess up the forum a lot I don't actually mind it that much. I wonder if you think it could be a good idea to have a forum called "Advertising"? Maybe some of us regulars would like to promote something now and then as well?

I'm thinking that some spammers would still be banned though, especially if they would repeatedly use other forums than "Advertising".
Everyone you meet fights a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.
DocBrown
Shake Some Action

Re: Advertising in the forum

Post by DocBrown »

Send them an invoice, then delete the post. Why should you provide anyone with free online advertising?
BleuPanda
Higher Ground

Post by BleuPanda »

Spammers aren't going to contain themselves to a specific forum; don't encourage it.

If one of us wants to bring attention to our musical endeavors or whatever, I think that's fair; but if it's from a regular user, I likely wouldn't even view it as 'advertising' (I'd likely actually have interest in a musical project from someone I recognize on here).
Live in Phoenix
Full of Fire

Post by Live in Phoenix »

Music spammers don't remotely care about this site or this forum. They turn it into a kiosk to hustle their music that I never listen to, and they immediately leave after posting. No thanks.
babydoll
Movin' On Up

Post by babydoll »

DocBrown wrote:Send them an invoice, then delete the post. Why should you provide anyone with free online advertising?
I agree 100% with this.
Henrik
Site Admin

Post by Henrik »

babydoll wrote:
DocBrown wrote:Send them an invoice, then delete the post. Why should you provide anyone with free online advertising?
I agree 100% with this.
Ha ha. Ok, one reason (actually the main reason) why I suggested this was that it would be a little bit easier for me to just move all advertising to another forum than to have think about if it should be deleted and if the poster should be immediately banned. But what I can do instead is to create a spam folder/forum that is only visible to moderators.
Everyone you meet fights a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.
LDKitz
I'm New Here

Post by LDKitz »

Being a first time poster i have to reply to this..
The first post i did , i posted my youtube channel link , i understand maybe that seems wrong for the first post..
But i also introduced myself and talked a lil bit about how i started and what not..
Now , is it considered advertising sharing ur music and asking for feedback about how to improve ur sound , ur composition or whatever? ..
Everybody use forums for different reasons , im sure y'all came here for a reason.. whether for advices , to spend some time or share opinions..
Anyway im sharing my opinion and i understand ur point of view..

Peace.
DocBrown
Shake Some Action

Post by DocBrown »

On a totally unrelated subject, Henrik, I think your new signature block is brilliant and something that I should incorporate into my life.

On that specific note, LDKitz, your introduction was perfectly respectable and your solicitation of opinion was not nearly as offensive as most we see here. Still a solicitation though. I'll try and find our long disused introduction thread and bring it to the front page as we have a lot of newer members like yourself who might like to tell us a little bit about themselves.

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”