Best of the B-Sides 2 Final Results

BleuPanda
Higher Ground

Best of the B-Sides 2 Final Results

Post by BleuPanda »

After a few months and 128 songs, Best of the B-Sides 2 ended with a close match between Patti Smith's Birdland, which appeared in the section dedicated to albums that had already been covered, and Air's La femme d'argent. "Kimberly," Patti Smith's previous representation, lost in the first match of the first tournament in a match that included Dusty Springfield's "Just a Little Lovin'", Beck's "Lord Only Knows", and Simon and Garfunkel's "Keep the Customer Satisfied;" "Birdland" smashed the expectations set by its predecessor.

With a score of 10 to 8, the winner of Best of the B-Sides 2 is...

Air - La femme d'argent!

Funnily enough, if this tournament were held after the next update, La femme d'argent would have been ineligible; thankfully for all its fans, it will be included in the next site update.

The final bracket:
http://www.bracketmaker.com/tmenu.cfm?tid=466352
Last edited by BleuPanda on Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BleuPanda
Higher Ground

Re: Best of the B-Sides 2 Final Results

Post by BleuPanda »

Now, future planning: do we want this series to continue? We were only getting around 12 or 13 votes during the middle section. A few people turned out for the final match, but weren't present for a lot of the tournament. I think it would be fun to see what the next section of albums has to offer, but I want to make sure there's still interest.

I plan to begin Overlooked Songs 2 a day or two after the next site update happens.
BleuPanda
Higher Ground

Post by BleuPanda »

Also, the prediction leaderboard...getting the actual final match right is worth a lot of points...
1. Emilien - 214
2. Bang Jan - 210
3. BleuPanda - 125
4 (tie). andyd1010, Nassim, bartholomew - 93
7. Henrik - 92
8. Sweepstakes Ron - 70
9. spiritualized - 58
Henrik
Site Admin

Post by Henrik »

BleuPanda wrote:Now, future planning: do we want this series to continue? We were only getting around 12 or 13 votes during the middle section. A few people turned out for the final match, but weren't present for a lot of the tournament. I think it would be fun to see what the next section of albums has to offer, but I want to make sure there's still interest.

I plan to begin Overlooked Songs 2 a day or two after the next site update happens.
You can count on me! Thanks for another great game, BleuPanda! The results tend to get all the more surprising to me (and I like that).
Everyone you meet fights a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.
prosecutorgodot
Keep On Movin'

Post by prosecutorgodot »

Thanks for a great tournament, BleuPanda!

I'd say hold off on B-Sides for a while.

Probably it's been guessed, but I called myself Bartholomew on Bracketmaker; it's not my name, I guess I just wanted to pay homage to Bart Simpson. I seem to have a tendency towards long tedious usernames.
DaveC
Running Up That Hill

Post by DaveC »

Thanks BleuPanda.

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”