What Happened to the All-Time Polls?

Listyguy
Running Up That Hill

What Happened to the All-Time Polls?

Post by Listyguy »

It's almost been a year since we had the all-time album poll but nothing's happened with either an all-time songs poll or all-time artist poll. Is anybody planning on taking either of these? I feel like we should get one going.
Nick
Running Up That Hill

Re: What Happened to the All-Time Polls?

Post by Nick »

The winner of the last all time artists poll was revealed on September 5th 2010.

http://pub37.bravenet.com/forum/static/ ... =show&cp=1

The winner of the last all time songs poll was revealed in March 2010.

http://pub37.bravenet.com/forum/static/ ... =show&cp=2

It really has been a while.
Jackson
Into the Groove

Post by Jackson »

Totally agree on the songs front. I was hoping that poll would follow right after the album one I hosted last year Someone needs to step up! It will be a lot of fun.
nicolas

Post by nicolas »

All we need is volunteers to take up these polls !! :)
Moonbeam
Full of Fire

Post by Moonbeam »

I said that I would pitch in for the songs poll if nobody else stepped up, but that was before I developed severe back pain that has limited the amount of time I can spend online. :( The 5 or so minutes per day it takes me to run Classics of the 80s on RYM is ok, but I think managing the song poll would take a lot of work unless people were willing to give me detailed lists (including year and preferably youtube link).
Listyguy
Running Up That Hill

Post by Listyguy »

I'd be willing to run the poll if nobody else wanted to do it...
Henrik
Site Admin

Post by Henrik »

Sorry to hear about the back pain, Moonbeam.
Everyone you meet fights a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.
sonofsamiam
Feeling Good

Post by sonofsamiam »

OK, what the heck, I'll do the songs poll, as long as Listyguy doesn't want it. It might be a week or two before I start it up, though, as I've been called to jury duty and I don't know if I'll be on one or not. :?
Henry
Into the Groove

Post by Henry »

sonofsamiam wrote:OK, what the heck, I'll do the songs poll, as long as Listyguy doesn't want it. It might be a week or two before I start it up, though, as I've been called to jury duty and I don't know if I'll be on one or not. :?
Just in case you actually have to go through voir dire, I recommend that you consider whether the charges brought are based on a law that you disagree with. If that's the situation, you may want to inform the judge of this circumstance and that if you are selected to be on the panel you may determine that jury nullification of the wrong-headed law is appropriate and therefore may not be able to provide your determination solely on the law as described by the judge and the evidence presented during the trial.
Petri
Feeling Good

Post by Petri »

Don't forget the all time MOVIES poll!
Listyguy
Running Up That Hill

Post by Listyguy »

sonofsamiam wrote:OK, what the heck, I'll do the songs poll, as long as Listyguy doesn't want it. It might be a week or two before I start it up, though, as I've been called to jury duty and I don't know if I'll be on one or not. :?
It's all yours.
Best of luck to not getting on the jury. :D
Greg
Unquestionable Presence

Post by Greg »

Henry wrote:
Just in case you actually have to go through voir dire, I recommend that you consider whether the charges brought are based on a law that you disagree with. If that's the situation, you may want to inform the judge of this circumstance and that if you are selected to be on the panel you may determine that jury nullification of the wrong-headed law is appropriate and therefore may not be able to provide your determination solely on the law as described by the judge and the evidence presented during the trial.
Jackson
Into the Groove

Post by Jackson »

Thanks a lot sonofsam, this is going to be awesome.
sonofsamiam
Feeling Good

Post by sonofsamiam »

It turns out I didn't even get called into the courtroom before the day was up, so I'm free!

I'll be putting up the submissions page shortly.
nicolas

Post by nicolas »

My wife was called for jury duty a few years ago and it was a excrutiating, fascinating and tough experience (the case was terribly dramatic). Something you do not forget

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”