Ariana Grande Concert Tragedy

Dexter
Movin' On Up

Ariana Grande Concert Tragedy

Post by Dexter »

You probably read it by now (what a horrible tragedy, sympathies to Ariana, the concertgoers and the families of the victims):
http://pitchfork.com/news/73712-fatalit ... e-concert/

I always thought a concert is a safe place, a haven from the outside world and all its problems.
Considering that police are treating this as a terrorist incident, does this change your concert-going experience?
babydoll
Movin' On Up

Re: Ariana Grande Concert Tragedy

Post by babydoll »

Well, um, one of ISIS' attacks during that evening in Paris was actually at a concert. So, no, concerts aren't always a safe place.

However, I cannot imagine how Ariana must be feeling right now. There's rumors already that she's concerning her concert in London that's on the 25th. I mean, the Rolling Stones, David Cassidy, the Who and the likes have generally felt really bad after their concert tragedies (and in the case of David Cassidy, a tragedy that's weighed very heavily on his mind for pretty much all of life). I just hope Ariana will be able to move on while still commemorating those concertgoers who have tragically passed away.
Dexter
Movin' On Up

Post by Dexter »

Yes. I mean the Bataclan concert hall and then this. At least in the former it was a rock concert and presumably majority of the concertgoers were adults (that does not make it less horrible). In Ariana's case the audience are on the much younger side, that's why I thought it could not possibly have happened. Even a Taylor Swift concert is not safe and I do expect a much more invasive security in future concerts and festivals which is a bummer.
PlasticRam
Into the Groove

Post by PlasticRam »

Dexter wrote:Yes. I mean the Bataclan concert hall and then this. At least in the former it was a rock concert and presumably majority of the concertgoers were adults (that does not make it less horrible). In Ariana's case the audience are on the much younger side, that's why I thought it could not possibly have happened.
Yes, that makes this a bit more horrific.

Edit: I mean both are awful tragedies, but IMO this is a bit more horrific.

Scale is a little smaller though.
I feel like that
Harold
Into the Groove

Post by Harold »

An awful event. All thoughts go out to Manchester tonight.

Here in the U.S., we've been very lucky, I think, not to have had a similar kind of terrorist attack at a rock or pop concert or other pop-culture event (the Pulse nightclub shooting isn't quite the same thing). We'll probably never know if any, or how many, such attacks may have been planned but thwarted. I fear we won''t be lucky forever. But that can't make people afraid to go out and live their lives.
bonnielaurel
Keep On Movin'

Post by bonnielaurel »

That's bad news again. All events with big crowds seem to be potential targets.

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”