Two New LCD Soundsystem Songs

Listyguy
Running Up That Hill

Two New LCD Soundsystem Songs

Post by Listyguy »

LCD Soundsystem has announced, via their Facebook page, that they are releasing two new songs at midnight (wherever you are, so Asia and Australia will get the songs first).
The names of the two are "Call the Police" and "American Dream".
Nick
Running Up That Hill

Re: Two New LCD Soundsystem Songs

Post by Nick »

I've never wanted to live in New Zealand any more than I do right at this very moment.
BleuPanda
Higher Ground

Post by BleuPanda »

This is happening!
StevieFan13
Die Mensch Maschine

Post by StevieFan13 »

Fina-fucking-lly!
Music is a world within itself, with a language we all understand - Sir Duke (1976)
DaveC
Running Up That Hill

Post by DaveC »

First listen: Hard-core fans will be very happy.
DaveC
Running Up That Hill

Post by DaveC »

I hope I'm not over-hyping, but I predict that both of these songs will be top 50 at year-end.
Nick
Running Up That Hill

Post by Nick »

I've listened to the songs a good amount of times thus far and I'm loving them both.

"Call the Police" is like if "All I Want" had a happier, more upbeat twin. The guitar work is very much like Robert Fripp, sounds a lot like the guitar on Bowie's "Heroes" as well. I'm guessing there's a very prominent E-bow used here. I love the upbeat intensity of the song, how it manages to sustain a certain level of energy throughout its 7 minutes. It's one of the most propulsive songs LCD has made without really being all that danceable. It's just a great new wave jam.

"American Dream" is also great, a 6 minute long ballad with a humongous synth riff that just dominates the entire song. The song is much more plaintive and emotional than "Call the Police" and sounds like it'll be this album's "Someone Great" or "I Can Change". The song moves at a fairly slow pace, but everything about this song instrumentally just sounds colossal, and in the best way. The synth riff is this colossal glistening beast, the percussion is huge, it's all real grandiose.

Right now I think I prefer "Call the Police", but they're both great, great songs. Super excited to hear what else the band has in store for us.
StevieFan13
Die Mensch Maschine

Post by StevieFan13 »

Damn it, non-Americans...
Music is a world within itself, with a language we all understand - Sir Duke (1976)
Listyguy
Running Up That Hill

Post by Listyguy »

First impressions:
"Call the Police" is definitely my favorite of the two. This pair of songs has me excited for this album though.
BleuPanda
Higher Ground

Post by BleuPanda »

Listened to them on the way to work this morning. I do really like both of them, though I need to relisten before giving my full thoughts. This new album is definitely promising.

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”