Mini-Poll: Top 10 Muppet Songs

StevieFan13
Die Mensch Maschine

Mini-Poll: Top 10 Muppet Songs

Post by StevieFan13 »

Discussing some of the new additions got me to thinking about my favorite childhood icons, the Muppets. Huge creative inspirations to me, as is everything Jim Henson created. I was going to allow Sesame Street in this poll, but then I remembered that a lot of you guys are from all over the world and have tons of different versions of that show, so just restricting it to the Muppet movies and shows (no Fraggle Rock) will make life easier.
Exceptions are made for songs that intersect different Muppet universes, like Mahna Mahna or Bein' Green.
My top 10:
1) The Rainbow Connection (The Muppet Movie)
2) Happy Feet (The Muppet Show)
3) Movin' Right Along (The Muppet Movie)
4) Can You Picture That? (The Muppet Movie)
5) Bohemian Rhapsody (viral video)
6) Once in a Lifetime (Muppets Tonight)
7) Life's a Happy Song (The Muppets)
8) Ukulele Lady (The Muppet Show)
9) Turn the World Around (The Muppet Show)
10) Man or Muppet (The Muppets)

As an honorable mention, to give Sesame Street some love and in honor of our Swedish admin, here's Cookie Monster rapping in Swedish (voiced by the inimitable Ernst Gunther):
Music is a world within itself, with a language we all understand - Sir Duke (1976)
luvulongTIM
Different Class

Re: Mini-Poll: Top 10 Muppet Songs

Post by luvulongTIM »

Sorry but nobody does Cookie Monster better than his original voiceover........................TOM WAITS ;)
StevieFan13
Die Mensch Maschine

Re: Mini-Poll: Top 10 Muppet Songs

Post by StevieFan13 »

luvulongTIM wrote:Sorry but nobody does Cookie Monster better than his original voiceover........................TOM WAITS ;)
Music is a world within itself, with a language we all understand - Sir Duke (1976)

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”