Personal Theories on Songs

prosecutorgodot
Keep On Movin'

Personal Theories on Songs

Post by prosecutorgodot »

Does anybody want to share any personal theories or interpretations of songs they love?

I'll start with ABBA - "When I Kissed the Teacher". Never heard it? Here's a clip.
So this song seems on the surface to be just a song about having a crush on your math teacher or professor. And maybe that is really it, end of story. But I've always thought the song is a very subtle celebration of education; the narrator is showing love for the teachers, educators, and coaches who work so hard to train kids and young people for life ahead. Teachers work very hard for what, I believe, is a very honorable profession of disseminating knowledge to others. In my own life, I am very grateful to the teachers I have had.
Dexter
Movin' On Up

Re: Personal Theories on Songs

Post by Dexter »

This one is a NSFW. According to wikipedia lead singer Chris Ballew of The Presidents of the United States of America has stated that he wrote "Peaches" about a girl he once had a crush on. He allegedly wrote this song after sitting under a peach tree she had in her yard while waiting for her to arrive, to finally let her know that he liked her. (Source: VH1's Greatest Songs of the 90's) Personally, I think it's about that certain woman part that Pres. Trump likes to grab... "Movin' to the country gonna eat a lot of..."

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”