Who Will Win the Village Voice Music Poll

Future Critic
Let's Get It On

Who Will Win the Village Voice Music Poll

Post by Future Critic »

Within the next day or two, the 2016 Village Voice Music Poll (formerly known as Pazz & Jop) results should be released. Any guesses on what the top albums and songs will be?

Here are my guesses:
Albums:
01. Lemonade, Beyoncé
02. Blackstar, David Bowie
03. Blonde, Frank Ocean
04. Coloring Book, Chance the Rapper
05. A Moon Shaped Pool, Radiohead
06. The Life of Pablo, Kanye West
07. My Woman, Angel Olsen
08. A Seat at the Table, Solange
09. 22, A Million, Bon Iver
10. Teens of Denial, Car Seat Headrest

Songs:
01. Formation, Beyoncé
02. Ultralight Beam, Kanye West
03. Cranes in the Sky, Solange
04. No Problem, Chance the Rapper
05. Nikes, Frank Ocean
06. Shut Up Kiss Me, Angel Olsen
07. Work, Rihanna
08. Lazarus, David Bowie
09. Burn the Witch, Radiohead
10. Your Best American Girl, Mitski
Last edited by Future Critic on Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jirin
Running Up That Hill

Re: Who Will Win the Village Voice Music Poll

Post by Jirin »

For albums seems like it's between Lemonade and Blackstar.
Harold
Into the Groove

Post by Harold »

FutureCritic, you don't think Skeleton Tree will make the VV top ten? I think Cave displaces Car Seat Headrest; otherwise the rest of your top ten looks pretty accurate (except for the artist typo in #9, unless Angel Olsen recorded a cover album of 22, A Million that we don't know about - maybe the songs would actually make sense if she did them). I think Blonde might be #2 ahead of Blackstar, though, and given Kanye West's record in this poll (he's had four #1 albums) I wouldn't be surprised to see Pablo in the top 5. I also think you probably have Solange too low.
Future Critic
Let's Get It On

Post by Future Critic »

Harold wrote:FutureCritic, you don't think Skeleton Tree will make the VV top ten? I think Cave displaces Car Seat Headrest.
Skeleton Tree hasn't done too well from the American critics, so I feel like it might miss the top 10. I almost feel like Rihanna could crack the top 10. If not her, possibly a Tribe Called Quest?
Harold wrote: otherwise the rest of your top ten looks pretty accurate (except for the artist typo in #9, unless Angel Olsen recorded a cover album of 22, A Million that we don't know about - maybe the songs would actually make sense if she did them).
Thank you! Fixed!
Harold wrote: given Kanye West's record in this poll (he's had four #1 albums) I wouldn't be surprised to see Pablo in the top 5.
Totally agree. I really think he could be as high as fourth, behind Ocean, Bowie and Beyoncé.

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”