When your favorite singer surprises and amazes you!

mat.bez.lima
Let's Get It On

When your favorite singer surprises and amazes you!

Post by mat.bez.lima »

Imagine this situation: you are fan of a singer so much that you consider him or her to be the greatest singer of all time! You own all the most important albums and hits of that singer. But someday you find in web a rare and very little known record of that artists that absolutely amazes you because of two reasons:
1-The greatness of the performance and voice that surpasses all that you listened before
2-The singer is singing in a style and way that he or her almost never explored in the whole career, but sings so wonderfully well!

This happened to me now: I discovered a Sinatra record in that Sinatra sings in a almost operistic style ala Mario Lanza and uses the higher part of his vocal range like almost never used in another record. Sinatra's timbre of voice here also surprised and amazed me. Sinatra's technique and voice control here also surprised and amazed me. If we talk just about technique, this is arguably his greatest performance. Listen below and hear with your own ears what I say:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LGFLcdw8e ... =mv-google

I am interested if other users experienced all this that I said here with your favorite singers. If yes, please, share your experience with us, this is the thread to tell it!
User of RYM #507651
prosecutorgodot
Keep On Movin'

Re: When your favorite singer surprises and amazes you!

Post by prosecutorgodot »

The only thing that comes to mind for now, it's not really mindblowing, but seeing Hayley Williams (Paramore) do her amazing belting in a raw, uncut setting, like on her radio station acoustic version of "Decode" (besides this one, they have quite a few good radio/studio performances), or the intimate sets like at the Grammys or MTV Unplugged. It just shows Paramore is not only good on record.

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”