Do you agree that geniuses (may be in music, other arts or science) are almost always arrogant and, in less quantity, ba

mat.bez.lima
Let's Get It On

Do you agree that geniuses (may be in music, other arts or science) are almost always arrogant and, in less quantity, ba

Post by mat.bez.lima »

I made this question while searching the personal lifes of MANY of the greatest and most famous geniuses in humanity history. If aren't ethic problems, are mental problems (I have no problem against the last problem, in fact I have Asperger Syndrome).
User of RYM #507651
Jirin
Running Up That Hill

Re: Do you agree that geniuses (may be in music, other arts or science) are almost always arrogant and, in less quantity

Post by Jirin »

I don't think so, I just think the ones with more identifiable quirks and flaws get more movies.
Toni
Different Class

Re: Do you agree that geniuses (may be in music, other arts or science) are almost always arrogant and, in less quantity

Post by Toni »

I don't agree with the word "always", but I believe mental problems must be more prevalent among geniuses than on the general population. People who view the world in a diferent way have a greater chance of discovering/creating things nobody else would.
mat.bez.lima
Let's Get It On

Post by mat.bez.lima »

I am focusing in arrogance here. I have nothing against many that just had syndromes and mental problems (I myself have Asperger Syndrome).
User of RYM #507651
Jirin
Running Up That Hill

Post by Jirin »

I really don't think the incidence of arrogance and mental problems is higher among geniuses. I just think that people preferentially see those qualities among people considered geniuses.
veganvalentine
Wannabe

Post by veganvalentine »

As for Pink Floyd, Roger Waters comes across as an egotistical dick. The other band members seems pretty affable, but then again, Roger has the most interesting things to say.

As for me, I consider myself a pretty good musician and songwriter. I'm not arrogant, but I do have obsessive compulsive personality disorder though, so maybe there's a link to creativity.

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”