ACCLAIMED MUSIC'S UNOFFICIAL UPDATE 2016

Henrik
Site Admin

Re: ACCLAIMED MUSIC'S UNOFFICIAL UPDATE 2016

Post by Henrik »

StevieFan13 wrote:Feel like this is the right thread to post this in. I've been thinking, given the recent spate of lists, about songs that stand a good chance of moving higher on the chart when the next update comes - maybe not by much, but I'd be shocked if they didn't move at all. I'm sure a lot of the established classics aren't hurting any, but I'm sure these songs (some of my personal favorites) will also get a boost.

The Cure | Just Like Heaven
The Cure | Pictures of You
David Bowie | Let's Dance
Foo Fighters | Everlong
Franz Ferdinand | Take Me Out
Green Day | American Idiot
Green Day | Basket Case
Joy Division | Love Will Tear Us Apart (and it's already set to be in the top 10!)
Natalie Imbruglia | Torn
OutKast | Hey Ya!
Public Enemy | Fight the Power
Queen | Bohemian Rhapsody
The Smiths | How Soon is Now?
The Smiths | There is a Light That Never Goes Out
Tears for Fears | Everybody Wants to Rule the World
I think you're right in most cases, but not about "Take Me Out" and "Hey Ya!", which will likely drop a few places.
Everyone you meet fights a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

Henrik wrote: I think you're right in most cases, but not about "Take Me Out" and "Hey Ya!", which will likely drop a few places.
That's odd - could've sworn I saw them showing up more (or at least "Take Me Out"). That's a shame. Speaking of the Cure, I'd also imagine "A Forest" is being helped by the last few lists.
Music is a world within itself, with a language we all understand - Sir Duke (1976)
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

I have a harder time imagining which high-ranking songs might drop slightly (while we're talking OutKast, I'm worried for "B.O.B."). I'd think some songs already have enough of a lead that they couldn't drop that much, but most have already taken off at such a pace that it'd be odd if they fell significantly. Except maybe "Hotel California."
Music is a world within itself, with a language we all understand - Sir Duke (1976)
Henrik
Site Admin

Post by Henrik »

StevieFan13 wrote:
Henrik wrote: I think you're right in most cases, but not about "Take Me Out" and "Hey Ya!", which will likely drop a few places.
That's odd - could've sworn I saw them showing up more (or at least "Take Me Out"). That's a shame. Speaking of the Cure, I'd also imagine "A Forest" is being helped by the last few lists.
If you're comparing with the unofficial update they might roughly stay where they are. There are however all-time lists that somewhat ignore the 2000s, even among the most recently added lists.
Everyone you meet fights a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

Henrik wrote:
StevieFan13 wrote:
If you're comparing with the unofficial update they might roughly stay where they are. There are however all-time lists that somewhat ignore the 2000s, even among the most recently added lists.
That's a shame. I guess change is faster with some decades and slower with others.
seanh
The Only Way Is Up

Post by seanh »

Not sure if this has been pointed out elsewhere but the Unofficial top 6000 is currently bookended by Smells Like Teen Spirit and Credit To the Nation's Call It What You Want - which blatantly samples .. Smells Like Teen Spirit. What are the odds !
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

seanh wrote:Not sure if this has been pointed out elsewhere but the Unofficial top 6000 is currently bookended by Smells Like Teen Spirit and Credit To the Nation's Call It What You Want - which blatantly samples .. Smells Like Teen Spirit. What are the odds !
How about that! I'm also excited by the possibility that Nirvana could become the first band to top both the album and song lists, as Nevermind has been showing up a ton lately.
KingJay
Debut

Post by KingJay »

This is great! Looks like Kendrick Lamar is primed to dominate more and more as time goes on with TPAB having its debut at 100 and GKMC moving up 15 spots.
mowino
Let's Get It On

Post by mowino »

As long as My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy remains #1 this decade, the rest can fight it out (lowkey Carrie & Lowell top 5)
StevieFan13
Wuthering Heights

Post by StevieFan13 »

I think it'd be hard for Don't Look Back in Anger and Everlong to not make a huge move upwards at this point. And with its many appearances on rock lists, would you suppose Seven Nation Army could become the most acclaimed song of the 21st century so far?

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”