Favourite remixes/re-edits?

TimmyWing
Different Class

Favourite remixes/re-edits?

Post by TimmyWing »

Not much more to it than that - post your favourite remixes and re-edits of classic songs!
Here's a re-edit of Prince's Controversy by Late Nite Tuff Guy (who does a ton of incredible edits like this). Obviously I love the original, but this track is legendary amongst me and my friends who listen to a lot of dance music mainly. They probably wouldn't know of the original if not for this. I think it has a lot of crossover appeal; it stays true to the original but the hi-hats and the boosted bass just lift it a little higher for me. Call me out on this if it's sacrilege but I like it. :music-listening:
Maschine_Man
Unquestionable Presence

Re: Favourite remixes/re-edits?

Post by Maschine_Man »

Probably my favorite remix ever.
Daniel
Unquestionable Presence

Post by Daniel »

The Beatles - "Free as a Bird," "Real Love," "Now and Then (The 1995 Edit)" (fan-made mix), "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" (Love version), "Long, Long, Long" (2009 mono re-master)
Blue Oyster Cult - "Don't Fear the Reaper" (single edit)
Elvis Presley - "A Little Less Conversation" (JXL remix), "Rubberneckin'" (Paul Oakenfold remix)
Queen & David Bowie - "Under Pressure" (Classic Queen mix)
Optical
The Only Way Is Up

Post by Optical »

I love this mix, so chill, just get lost in it!
Henrik
Site Admin

Post by Henrik »

A great bouncy remix that somehow got unnoticed. I couldn't even find it on youtube.

Edit: There are A LOT of remixes of this song, so there's probably a good chance it wasn't specifically recorded for the "Lennon Bermuda" album. Does anyone know whose remix it is?

Edit 2: Tim Deal
Everyone you meet fights a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”