The site Raye Your Music is a bad source about music with many bad users

What are your preferred albums of The Beatles and Frank Sinatra?

Abbey Road is my preferred album of The Beatles.
31%
Revolver is my preferred album of The Beatles.
21%
Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band is my preferred album of The Beatles.
7%
White Album is my preferred album of The Beatles.
3%
Magical Mystery Tour is my preferred album of The Beatles.
No votes
Rubber Soul is my preferred album of The Beatles.
3%
Help! is my preferred album of The Beatles.
No votes
A Hard Day's Night is my preferred album of The Beatles.
No votes
Aother album of The Beatles is my preferred.
No votes
In The Wee Small Hours is my preferred album of Frank Sinatra
7%
Songs For Swingin' Lovers is my preferred album of Frank Sinatra
14%
Frank Sinatra Sings For Only The Lonely is my preferred album of Frank Sinatra
3%
September Of My Years is my preferred album of Frank Sinatra
3%
Come Fly With Me is my preferred album of Frank Sinatra
No votes
A Swingin' Affair is my preferred album of Frank Sinatra
No votes
Come Dance With Me! is my preferred album of Frank Sinatra
No votes
Nice 'N' Easy is my preferred album of Frank Sinatra
No votes
Where Are You? is my preferred album of Frank Sinatra
No votes
Francis Albert Sinatra & Antonio Carlos Jobim
No votes
Another album of Frank Sinatra is my preferred (Ex: Close To You, She Shot Me Down, No One Cares, etc...)
7%

Total votes: 29

mat.bez.lima
Let's Get It On

The site Raye Your Music is a bad source about music with many bad users

Post by mat.bez.lima »

I acess the site Rate Your Music many times to see the average rating of the albums (these ratings are all votes of usuaries), but I will rarely, if not never, acess again. There are many albums that don't have have the average rating much more low than deserve, and many albums have the rate above that deserve. I say this not based is my taste, but in the critical reception of these albums and the ratings of the critics. Do you remember may topic about the Great American Songbook being underrated? So, albums of standards rarely have average rating bove 4 stars! Even classic albums of standards considered almost unanimoulsy masterpieces have ratings very under of than deserve. And now the worst: many users that don't like standards sometimes criticize much albums with almost all music are acclaimed standards of acclaimed composers, considering bad songs just because not fit their styles, tough they never admited that they only don'y like the style of music and because this they dare criticize albums of Fitzgerald, Armstrong, Sinatra and others, considering boring, repetitive, dated, without originality or creativity... I used the Great American Songbook as example, but there are many people with close mind about any music different of that they listen, tought they not admit. I saw people criticizing much albums of The Beatles and talking many wrong and bad things, tought the albums of The Beatles have with ratings deservedly much high, different of albums of standards. The same problem ocurs in the rating of movies. Why the people don't separate their subjective taste of objective qualities? The personal tastes aren't absolute true, but relative true.
Now, I will post also two polls with the objective of distraction because I confess that I was much angry in my comentarie and subject of this topic. And, please, I don't pretend offense aganst all users of Rate Your Music. The majority still is good and make good and constructive reviews. I just can't support the bad commentaries of some people.
And sorry if i am incommodating someboy because i may be beginning to exagerate in the quantity of topics and polls, or in the things that i say in my commnetaries. It's a defect mine and I am trying to concert this my defect.
User of RYM #507651
mat.bez.lima
Let's Get It On

Re: The site Raye Your Music is a bad source about music with many bad users

Post by mat.bez.lima »

I created these polls because I have some difficult in choice the best album of Beatles principally, I am extremely indecise between Abbey Road and Revolver (becuase I enjoy more the melodies and arrangements of Abbey Road, this album have more stupendous songs than Revolver, but the lyrics of certain songs are horrible in Abbey Road and in this aspect of lyrics I prefer Revolver, that have melodies and arrangemente that are also almost so good in comparison with the melodies and arrengements of Abbey Road, that is possibly a little less inconsistent than Revolver) and i also would like much to see your opinions about his preferred album of Beatles and Frank Sinatra. And, tough I created these polls about subject that are much different of the principal subject of the topic (I confess that possibly it would be better create two different topics for the two subjects, but my problem of anxiety talked more higher), let's not forget the main theme of this topic.
Last edited by mat.bez.lima on Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
User of RYM #507651
Moonbeam
Full of Fire

Post by Moonbeam »

I think RYM is also a good resource for certain things. However, there does seem to be a bit of showmanship about ratings, reviews, and posts among some of the userbase there. There are some users who seem to want to stand out from the pack, and others who want to be tastemakers, it seems, and this can seem to lead to ratings that are a reaction to the opinions of others as much as they are an honest reflection of how they feel about the music. That's why it's probably best to not take the overall averages there too seriously.

Another thing to consider is that people take into account different things when making ratings. Some take into account influence, some take into account innovation, some take into account widespread appeal, some take into account lyrical quality, etc. As such, it's natural for ratings to have some sort of fluctuation depending on where the users place their focus. Personally, I only make ratings based on my own level of enjoyment. If I love an album with all my heart, I will rate it a 5 regardless of whether it mattered to anyone else, and if I don't care for an album, I will rate it less than 3 regardless of how impactful it may have been. I think no album or song should be excluded from criticism, just as no album or song should be excluded from praise. I don't care for the Beatles, for example. I rated a few of their albums in accordance with my level of enjoyment, and I don't think I'm wrong for doing so. However, I respect that countless others really love their music and I acknowledge that they are legends.
mat.bez.lima
Let's Get It On

Post by mat.bez.lima »

Moonbeam wrote:I think RYM is also a good resource for certain things. However, there does seem to be a bit of showmanship about ratings, reviews, and posts among some of the userbase there. There are some users who seem to want to stand out from the pack, and others who want to be tastemakers, it seems, and this can seem to lead to ratings that are a reaction to the opinions of others as much as they are an honest reflection of how they feel about the music. That's why it's probably best to not take the overall averages there too seriously.

Another thing to consider is that people take into account different things when making ratings. Some take into account influence, some take into account innovation, some take into account widespread appeal, some take into account lyrical quality, etc. As such, it's natural for ratings to have some sort of fluctuation depending on where the users place their focus. Personally, I only make ratings based on my own level of enjoyment. If I love an album with all my heart, I will rate it a 5 regardless of whether it mattered to anyone else, and if I don't care for an album, I will rate it less than 3 regardless of how impactful it may have been. I think no album or song should be excluded from criticism, just as no album or song should be excluded from praise. I don't care for the Beatles, for example. I rated a few of their albums in accordance with my level of enjoyment, and I don't think I'm wrong for doing so. However, I respect that countless others really love their music and I acknowledge that they are legends.
You make a big point. In true, respect, comprehension, recognizing and understanding are essential!
User of RYM #507651
acroamor
Shake Some Action

Post by acroamor »

I've never much cared to use Rate Your Music for the other users there - much too biased and nowhere near as friendly as here. However, I find that it's very nice to go there for recommendations outside of the biases of this forum - some of my favorite discoveries, like Spacemen 3's Taking Drugs to Make Music to Take Drugs To or John Fahey's America or Lil Ugly Mane's Mista Thug Isolation do far better there than here.
mat.bez.lima
Let's Get It On

Post by mat.bez.lima »

Best Ever Albums is another site that the ratings of the users don't must be interpreted much seriously. Possibly, it is even worse than Rate Your Music in the quality of the overall ratings.
User of RYM #507651
Moonbeam
Full of Fire

Post by Moonbeam »

mat.bez.lima wrote:Best Ever Albums is another site that the ratings of the users don't must be interpreted much seriously. Possibly, it is even worse than Rate Your Music in the quality of the overall ratings.
Yeah, I'm not a fan of BEA. Not that it is a bad idea per se, but the fact that you can rate other people's lists is a big problem to me. Every 6 months or so I get an email saying the list I sent in some 6 years ago gets a new rating and comment, often not so kind.
Moonbeam
Full of Fire

Post by Moonbeam »

Back to RYM, the genre charts are good sources of discovery. I had a lot of fun going through the synth funk and italo disco charts.

Mat, I bet if you look at genre charts for genres that heavily feature the American Songbook, you might find you enjoy the list and can make new discoveries.
Jeff
Different Class

Post by Jeff »

I think discogs is much better in terms of catalogue completeness (especially with electronic music). Shame it has such a dated layout. It's a bit different though in that the opinions of the users are very much minimized (you can rate and review releases, but these are hidden away instead of placed in the center of the screen as on Rate Your Music). I suppose they serve different audiences though, with Discogs catering to vinyl record collectors and RYM being more of a general music nerd site.

Off topic, but are many AM forum members RYM members as well? Are there any hidden benefits to doing so that I (as a non-member) am not aware of like, for example, personalized recommendations based on ratings? I've used the site without signing up and have planned on joining lots of times, but the idea of rating all of my albums seems so daunting to me that I always chicken out. However, I had never ranked my favorite songs or albums before participating in the last batch of forum polls, so maybe there's still hope for me joining RYM one day.
Pierre
Into the Groove

Post by Pierre »

The RYM community have their own inclinations in terms of favourite genres just like all others, presently prog rock and heavy metal. I believe that's the same for about all music websites around the net. I wouldn't call it a bad source for that, it's just that the music tastes of this community are idiosyncrasic and do not fit with yours, mat.bez.lima. I don't think it's worth getting angry about :) If you hang about, you'll discover that people around here probably don't share that many tastes with yours either - many in the AM community here are young people and into more recent acts; roughly the critical favourites since the dawn of the Pitchfork era. But they're open-minded, welcoming and knowledgeable, which is very important ;)

RYM is too prog-ish, Digital Dream Door is too rootsy (and the community's not very nice), Acclaimed Music is sometimes too hipster, but when I feel it's the case, I just smirk and either give a sarcastic answer or don't care - everyone's entitled to their own opinion ;)

Otherwise, mat.bez.lima, if you're afraid of creating too much new topics, then just give some space between each new topic you create, and try to contribute to topics created by others; you'll feel much more welcome here if you just don't keep piling up topics to state your love for Sinatra and American songbook music, you might even disgust some people of this genre of music just because you're being too invasive about it (there was this Digital Dream Door guy called Bruce who loved rhythm'n'blues excessively and... well, it's no good reopening old wounds).

Another lifestyle tip: one of my favourite recent acts, Grimes, stated that when she signed up to Jay-Z's label to manage her career, the first thing they told her was to "stop apologizing all the time", claiming that it was one of the best piece of advice she ever received. I agree with her (and admire her even more for that): if you feel like you create a situation where you need to tell people you're sorry, just don't do it, and if you feel you're being criticized for something you think you have the right to think or do, just tell people to go to Hell if you don't like them, or discuss it if these are friends or family. I'm telling you this because in your first post you stated you were sorry as you were afraid of incommodating people: first, don't feel sorry, it's a forum and people talk, it's meant to ;) As I said before, just contribute to other people's discussions and give some time to breath between each topic, and people will be welcoming. And if you're under the impression you might incommodate someone, then don't post or do it when you're sure you've outlined your ideas and arguments clearly for the discussion. But never say you're sorry, or else you'll be opening your flank for criticism. All of this is friendly advice, I just want people to feel comfortable :obscene-drinkingcheers:
Moonbeam
Full of Fire

Post by Moonbeam »

Jeff wrote:I think discogs is much better in terms of catalogue completeness (especially with electronic music). Shame it has such a dated layout. It's a bit different though in that the opinions of the users are very much minimized (you can rate and review releases, but these are hidden away instead of placed in the center of the screen as on Rate Your Music). I suppose they serve different audiences though, with Discogs catering to vinyl record collectors and RYM being more of a general music nerd site.

Off topic, but are many AM forum members RYM members as well? Are there any hidden benefits to doing so that I (as a non-member) am not aware of like, for example, personalized recommendations based on ratings? I've used the site without signing up and have planned on joining lots of times, but the idea of rating all of my albums seems so daunting to me that I always chicken out. However, I had never ranked my favorite songs or albums before participating in the last batch of forum polls, so maybe there's still hope for me joining RYM one day.
You can get automated recommendations, though their quality is certain worth questioning. I get a lot of expected new wave and synth pop, but I also get recommendations from an artist I've rated 3 albums from, all of which 2 stars or below.
Maschine_Man
Unquestionable Presence

Post by Maschine_Man »

From what I have head it's great for music discoveries, but the AT rankings are just flat out embarrassing (Dummy being the only female fronted album in the entire Top 100, from what I can remember). I find that many younger users I have encountered just want to listen to albums so that they can say that they have listened to more albums (even if it was only once). The weird competitiveness just ruined the whole thing for me, sadly.
mat.bez.lima
Let's Get It On

Post by mat.bez.lima »

Pierre wrote:The RYM community have their own inclinations in terms of favourite genres just like all others, presently prog rock and heavy metal. I believe that's the same for about all music websites around the net. I wouldn't call it a bad source for that, it's just that the music tastes of this community are idiosyncrasic and do not fit with yours, mat.bez.lima. I don't think it's worth getting angry about :) If you hang about, you'll discover that people around here probably don't share that many tastes with yours either - many in the AM community here are young people and into more recent acts; roughly the critical favourites since the dawn of the Pitchfork era. But they're open-minded, welcoming and knowledgeable, which is very important ;)

RYM is too prog-ish, Digital Dream Door is too rootsy (and the community's not very nice), Acclaimed Music is sometimes too hipster, but when I feel it's the case, I just smirk and either give a sarcastic answer or don't care - everyone's entitled to their own opinion ;)

Otherwise, mat.bez.lima, if you're afraid of creating too much new topics, then just give some space between each new topic you create, and try to contribute to topics created by others; you'll feel much more welcome here if you just don't keep piling up topics to state your love for Sinatra and American songbook music, you might even disgust some people of this genre of music just because you're being too invasive about it (there was this Digital Dream Door guy called Bruce who loved rhythm'n'blues excessively and... well, it's no good reopening old wounds).

Another lifestyle tip: one of my favourite recent acts, Grimes, stated that when she signed up to Jay-Z's label to manage her career, the first thing they told her was to "stop apologizing all the time", claiming that it was one of the best piece of advice she ever received. I agree with her (and admire her even more for that): if you feel like you create a situation where you need to tell people you're sorry, just don't do it, and if you feel you're being criticized for something you think you have the right to think or do, just tell people to go to Hell if you don't like them, or discuss it if these are friends or family. I'm telling you this because in your first post you stated you were sorry as you were afraid of incommodating people: first, don't feel sorry, it's a forum and people talk, it's meant to ;) As I said before, just contribute to other people's discussions and give some time to breath between each topic, and people will be welcoming. And if you're under the impression you might incommodate someone, then don't post or do it when you're sure you've outlined your ideas and arguments clearly for the discussion. But never say you're sorry, or else you'll be opening your flank for criticism. All of this is friendly advice, I just want people to feel comfortable :obscene-drinkingcheers:
Thank you for your commentarie and, principally, I thank you very much because your very good advices to me.
User of RYM #507651
mat.bez.lima
Let's Get It On

Post by mat.bez.lima »

Maschine_Man wrote:From what I have head it's great for music discoveries, but the AT rankings are just flat out embarrassing (Dummy being the only female fronted album in the entire Top 100, from what I can remember). I find that many younger users I have encountered just want to listen to albums so that they can say that they have listened to more albums (even if it was only once). The weird competitiveness just ruined the whole thing for me, sadly.
What is the site AT? I don't know much sites of music rating, I confess.
User of RYM #507651
spiritualized
Full of Fire

Post by spiritualized »

I am a huge RYM user, been rating every single record I listen to since 2004 (TWELVE !! years), getting close to 9000 ratings and I find it an unvaluable resource for several reasons :

The recommendations engine is actually decent but it depends on your listening habits as well as your RYM friends. I tend to select my friends as the ones who have the closest correlation with my tastes. Here are the five top recommendations from the engine

Edwyn Collins - Johnny Teardrop | Single | (2002) | Indie Pop
Throwing Muses - Freeloader | Single | (1997) | Indie Rock, Alternative Rock Avg rating: 3.44 | Ratings: 15 | Reviews (total): 0
Bryan Steeksma - Listen to Reason | Single | (2010) | Alternative RockAvg rating: 3.17 | Ratings: 6 | Reviews (total): 0
Longwave - Everywhere You Turn | Single | (2003) | Indie Rock Avg rating: 3.86 | Ratings: 16 | Reviews (total): 1
Theoretical Girl - The Hypocrite | Single | (2008) | Indie Rock, Indie Pop Avg rating: 3.78 | Ratings: 8 | Reviews (total): 0

I'd say each is worth a listen. Of course, you have to keep rating to make it more accurate, although I think the engine thinks it has run out of album recommendations, it seems to like to offer singles as a priority !

The site highlights new releases from artists you have rated before - ideal if you want to keep on top of new releases you may like

The reviews can be really quite entertaining :)

Holistically, yes, it is very much metal and prog biased - which I am not. But ignore these releases in the charts and it makes half a decent Acclaimed Chart !
BleuPanda
Higher Ground

Post by BleuPanda »

Like any user-based site, you have to approach it from the average user. Just like IMDb seemingly attracts Nolan devotees, RYM goes for prog. Even if it supposedly represents all albums, there's always going to be certain biases, and those can become self-perpetuating. If you visit a music site that appears to love prog, you're more likely to stick around and vote if you yourself love prog. Perhaps this is the same reason so many of us are classic rock fans - many of the users here accept those works as some sort of canon, so it's more inviting to that type of person.

So, RYM isn't wrong; it's a perfect representation of its own users. The problem is, from a statistical standpoint, it's hard to tell what population that site represents. If the majority of users are, say, white men in their 20s, that's all the site can really be said to represent. The problem with what's essentially an open survey (the user voting system) is people have to choose to contribute, so things like IMDb and RYM can only ever represent those who choose to express their opinions (generally) anonymously through the internet. Because of this, certain segments of the population are over-represented - for example, the gender ratio on IMDb heavily skews males (like, over 80%). Additionally, the grand majority of users are in the 18-44 range.
Harold
Into the Groove

Post by Harold »

mat.bez.lima wrote:
Maschine_Man wrote:From what I have head it's great for music discoveries, but the AT rankings are just flat out embarrassing.
"AT" is an abbreviation for "all-time" - Maschine Man is referring to RYM's all-time rankings.
mat.bez.lima
Let's Get It On

Post by mat.bez.lima »

BleuPanda wrote:Like any user-based site, you have to approach it from the average user. Just like IMDb seemingly attracts Nolan devotees, RYM goes for prog. Even if it supposedly represents all albums, there's always going to be certain biases, and those can become self-perpetuating. If you visit a music site that appears to love prog, you're more likely to stick around and vote if you yourself love prog. Perhaps this is the same reason so many of us are classic rock fans - many of the users here accept those works as some sort of canon, so it's more inviting to that type of person.

So, RYM isn't wrong; it's a perfect representation of its own users. The problem is, from a statistical standpoint, it's hard to tell what population that site represents. If the majority of users are, say, white men in their 20s, that's all the site can really be said to represent. The problem with what's essentially an open survey (the user voting system) is people have to choose to contribute, so things like IMDb and RYM can only ever represent those who choose to express their opinions (generally) anonymously through the internet. Because of this, certain segments of the population are over-represented - for example, the gender ratio on IMDb heavily skews males (like, over 80%). Additionally, the grand majority of users are in the 18-44 range.
Yes, the public of RYM is particular fan of rock. Example: albums of standards, like the albums of Sinatra, Fitzgerald and others have always the ratings much lower. The average rating of the considered better albums of standards in history are 3.80 or many times just 3.70. Please, see in the RYM artists like Ella Fitzgerald, Sinatra and others of standards and also the bad reviews some users criticizing these music. But, albums of rock frequently have ratings above 4.20. I like rock and many albums of rock deserve really the high overall rating that they have in RYM, but not just rock. Tough Elvis Presley is an rock artist with the overall rating of his albums (there many albums of Elvis considered of the best 400 albums of history at least, based in the informations of Acclaimed Music) severely underrated by the users in comparison with the general opinion of music critics and general public. I don't understand this.
User of RYM #507651
mat.bez.lima
Let's Get It On

Post by mat.bez.lima »

Jeff wrote:I think discogs is much better in terms of catalogue completeness (especially with electronic music). Shame it has such a dated layout. It's a bit different though in that the opinions of the users are very much minimized (you can rate and review releases, but these are hidden away instead of placed in the center of the screen as on Rate Your Music). I suppose they serve different audiences though, with Discogs catering to vinyl record collectors and RYM being more of a general music nerd site.

The discogs have the problem of the fact the users overrated almost all albums, even that generally considered so, so. There is acclaimed albums underrated, but this is much more rare. But discogs is a good and interesting site because of the quality of reviews and the high ratings for all genres and styles.
User of RYM #507651
mat.bez.lima
Let's Get It On

Post by mat.bez.lima »

Harold wrote:
mat.bez.lima wrote:
Maschine_Man wrote:From what I have head it's great for music discoveries, but the AT rankings are just flat out embarrassing.
"AT" is an abbreviation for "all-time" - Maschine Man is referring to RYM's all-time rankings.
Thank you. I understand now.
User of RYM #507651
Maschine_Man
Unquestionable Presence

Post by Maschine_Man »

Maybe we need an AMFAC - 'Acclaimed Music Forum Acronym Chart' ! :-D
mat.bez.lima
Let's Get It On

Post by mat.bez.lima »

I created this topic with angry becuase the lower overall ratings of some fantastic albums of standards, but now, more calm, i say that the site Rate Your Music is not so bad, may be very interesting and have many great users, not just bad users. I created a account there.
User of RYM #507651
DocBrown
Shake Some Action

Post by DocBrown »

mat.bez.lima wrote:I created this topic with angry becuase the lower overall ratings of some fantastic albums of standards, but now, more calm, i say that the site Rate Your Music is not so bad, may be very interesting and have many great users, not just bad users. I created a account there.
Add your RYM username to [List312119] (just paste in the search box ) and let us know you're there.
DocBrown
Shake Some Action

Post by DocBrown »

DocBrown wrote:
mat.bez.lima wrote:I created this topic with angry becuase the lower overall ratings of some fantastic albums of standards, but now, more calm, i say that the site Rate Your Music is not so bad, may be very interesting and have many great users, not just bad users. I created a account there.
Add your RYM username to [List312119] (just paste in the search box ) and let us know you're there.
Sorry, that link won't work. Just search "Acclaimedmusic.net Forum Regulars on RYM"
Zombeels
Different Class

Post by Zombeels »

I like browsing RYM users album and song lists. It's a great way to discover new music. I also know that metal albums get higher than average ratings because of an influx of metal fans on the site using multiple accounts.
Andre
Unquestionable Presence

Post by Andre »

I disagree with the statement in the title of this thread, to me Rate Your Music is a great source. It is a site where you can rate and share your own music, where you can discover a lot of music, and if you like, create and share your own favorites lists.

As to bad or good users, I don't care what most users rate. The site does not (and should not) pretend to have the "correct" ratings, like e.g. allmusic or other equivalent sites claim to do. The ratings at RYM are totally subjective because they come from its (bad and good) users.

So I don't let myself influence by the ratings of all users. But at the site you can create your own "friends" and I have to admit that I do use their ratings in a custom search quite often. Just as an example: If I would want to search for some good garage rock from the 60s, I would use the custom chart and first see what "my friends" say about that.

Anyway, I like the site, even though I sometimes also shake my head when I see albums, that I love, get so poorly rated.
Dan
Movin' On Up

Post by Dan »

Andre wrote:I disagree with the statement in the title of this thread, to me Rate Your Music is a great source. It is a site where you can rate and share your own music, where you can discover a lot of music, and if you like, create and share your own favorites lists.

As to bad or good users, I don't care what most users rate. The site does not (and should not) pretend to have the "correct" ratings, like e.g. allmusic or other equivalent sites claim to do. The ratings at RYM are totally subjective because they come from its (bad and good) users.

I like the site, even though I sometimes also shake my head when I see albums, that I love, get so poorly rated.
I agree with this. And I find RYM very useful for exploring specific genres.
...will keep us together.
mat.bez.lima
Let's Get It On

Post by mat.bez.lima »

Andre wrote:I disagree with the statement in the title of this thread, to me Rate Your Music is a great source. It is a site where you can rate and share your own music, where you can discover a lot of music, and if you like, create and share your own favorites lists.

So I don't let myself influence by the ratings of all users. But at the site you can create your own "friends" and I have to admit that I do use their ratings in a custom search quite often. Just as an example: If I would want to search for some good garage rock from the 60s, I would use the custom chart and first see what "my friends" say about that.

Anyway, I like the site, even though I sometimes also shake my head when I see albums, that I love, get so poorly rated.
Sorry my critics to RYM. I shouldn't be so severe.
User of RYM #507651
Andre
Unquestionable Presence

Post by Andre »

mat.bez.lima wrote:

Sorry my critics to RYM. I shouldn't be so severe.
No worries.
Jirin
Running Up That Hill

Post by Jirin »

I'd never attack the users of RYM, you just have to weigh their opinions taking into account that the user base is mostly a metal/prog-loving user base. Unfortunately that makes it not such a useful resource for discovery unless you happen to be looking to discover metal.
Zombeels
Different Class

Post by Zombeels »

I look at other user's lists that share common music interest with me. It's a great way to discover new albums and songs you haven't heard.

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”