Review Blurbs for Top 500 Albums

StevieFan13
Die Mensch Maschine

Re: Review Blurbs for Top 500 Albums

Post by StevieFan13 »

Nassim wrote:
babydoll wrote:
StevieFan13 wrote:Maybe I'll try a few? How many are left? And are any of them from 2016?
There's a link. Just sign up for the ones you want to do. And none of them are from 2016.
Here is the link https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Regarding the "highlights" column, if I remember well it is only necessary if the album has less than 3 songs in AM. The picks should be as much as possible the songs regarded as the highlights, not your personal favorites, but it sometimes is quite hard to define.

The "songs in AM" part should have the IDs of the songs ranked (or bubbling) in AM, you can either find it on the top 6000 songs excel file in AM front page (it's the column A which is hidden), or on the url of the page of the song. For instance the url of the Like a Rolling Stone page is http://www.acclaimedmusic.net/Current/S991.htm so the song ID is S991.
I gotcha. I've added highlights for a bunch of albums (I only go with "personal favorites" if there are >3 songs on AM; Murmur, for instance, only has Radio Free Europe and Talk About the Passion on AM, so I also included Pilgrimage). I'm not sure if I'll get to the IDs (I'll try if I get the chance, though I also have the album spreadsheet to worry about), but I am only adding critical blurbs for ones that don't have any dibs yet (so far, I've done The Stooges, The Pretenders, and Disraeli Gears, and I'll try to keep going from there).
Music is a world within itself, with a language we all understand - Sir Duke (1976)
StevieFan13
Die Mensch Maschine

Post by StevieFan13 »

Side note: I don't think there's a source mentioned for the White Light/White Heat review.
Music is a world within itself, with a language we all understand - Sir Duke (1976)
Nassim
Full of Fire

Post by Nassim »

StevieFan13 wrote:Side note: I don't think there's a source mentioned for the White Light/White Heat review.
I only redid the top 200, lots of reviews below don't have sources and links yet.

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”