Coal - Stay

Henrik
Site Admin

Coal - Stay

Post by Henrik »

I saw "Chasing Amy" today. I liked the film a lot, but the best find was the song "Stay" by the LA band Coal (not to be confused with a Canadian band of the same name) that I think never got any music released commercially. So unfair. (This song however, according to what I've read, was number one on Napster's download list!) As if this wasn't enough, the songwriter and singer Mary Born's life has been filled with tragedies. Someone should make a documentary about her. It could be bigger than "Searching for Sugar Man" and finally give her the success she deserves.

This is the best song I've heard in a very long time. Whenever we do the next unacclaimed, it will be my nomination.
Everyone you meet fights a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.
Henry
Into the Groove

Re: Coal - Stay

Post by Henry »

I loved the film and didn't remember the song. Now I will.

Thanks for sharing your enjoyment of the song with the rest of us. I am now a big fan of the song as well.
andyd1010
Keep On Movin'

Post by andyd1010 »

As we go through the all-time song poll results, I've now listened to almost everyone's top 100. This song appeared in the top 100 for both Henrik and acroamor, and it was my favorite new discovery. I hope she gets some recognition for it at some point too.

Henrik, your list changed so much since the last poll! Same with Jirin (I guess due to the algorithm) and ordinaryperson.
StevieFan13
Die Mensch Maschine

Post by StevieFan13 »

What a beautiful song. Gotta add this one to my assorted playlists.
Music is a world within itself, with a language we all understand - Sir Duke (1976)

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”