Article about AM on Mentafloss

Nassim
Full of Fire

Article about AM on Mentafloss

Post by Nassim »

Hi everyone,

I guess Henrik is already aware of it, but there's a nice article about our favorite website on mentalfloss and its "website’s forum, which Frazen says has stayed quite friendly by the standards of people discussing music on the Internet."
Pierre
Into the Groove

Re: Article about AM on Mentafloss

Post by Pierre »

Indeed, that's a nice article, and so it was the real Nick Keppler all along. I'm glad he managed to contact Henrik in the end. Here's hoping this article will help more people discover this awesome website! :)
Harold
Into the Groove

Post by Harold »

Great article - thanks for sharing it, Nassim! (Of course, Henrik is too modest to have shared it here himself.) I hope it brings more visitors to the site.
Henrik
Site Admin

Post by Henrik »

Nassim, how did you find the article?

I don't think it has been posted on the Mental Floss main page and it's not possible to search for it either, as far as I can tell. I have asked Nick about this and he has forwarded the question. I wanted to share it, but waited to get an answer first.
Everyone you meet fights a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.
GucciLittlePiggy
Unquestionable Presence

Post by GucciLittlePiggy »

I liked the article. It didn't really say anything that regular visitors to the site wouldn't know but I did learn one thing. A newer "album or song will drop quickly if it doesn’t keep picking up accolades." I think this explains why the 2000s and 2010s didn't fare too well on the most recent update.

I'm really glad the site is getting more exposure, though I hope the comment on the amiable nature of the forum won't bait trolls.
I just wanted to be one of those ghosts
You thought that you could forget
And then I haunt you via the rear view mirror
On a long drive from the back seat...
nicolas

Post by nicolas »

:obscene-drinkingcheers:
JimmyJazz
Shake Some Action

Post by JimmyJazz »

Congrats, Henrik! I always like finding these articles that bring more mainstream exposure to my favorite meta-list websites! As Gucci said, though, hopefully the troll hoards don't pour in because of this.

Bizarrely enough, the comment about the high ranking of modern (1980s and onwards) British acts in the article relates back to the "There She Goes" thread once again. That explains its high ranking better than I ever could: The "insular" nature of the British music press, though one could just as easily snap back, which the article does, that Rolling Stone, the Village Voice, and their ilk keep American listeners very insular themselves.
Nassim
Full of Fire

Post by Nassim »

Henrik wrote:Nassim, how did you find the article?
I was just browsing through mentalfloss and when I got to page 5 or so I stumbled upon a very familiar logo !
Dan
Movin' On Up

Post by Dan »

Pleased about this.

PS: Like your new afro, Henrik.
...will keep us together.
Nick
Running Up That Hill

Post by Nick »

GucciLittlePiggy wrote:t didn't really say anything that regular visitors to the site wouldn't know
I for one am shocked that Swedish tax workers and Nirvana fans don't have a bigger overlap.

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”