AMF Chart Week 25 2015

Vote for up to 5 of your favorite songs!

Poll ended at Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:38 pm

Alabama Shakes - "Gimme All Your Love"
8%
Algiers - "Blood"
1%
Bassekou Kouyate & Ngoni ba - "Waati"
1%
Beck - "Dreams"
9%
Bill Fay - "How Little"
7%
The Chemical Brothers feat. Q-Tip - "Go"
3%
Donnie Trumpet & The Social Experiment - "Sunday Candy"
5%
Florence + The Machine - "Ship to Wreck"
11%
Foxes - "Body Talk"
1%
Fucked Up - "Year of the Hare"
1%
Gengahr - "Powder"
1%
Jamie xx - "Gosh"
8%
Marina and the Diamonds - "Happy"
3%
The Mountain Goats - "Heel Turn 2"
1%
Nao - "Apple Cherry"
5%
Pop Noir - "Don't Fool Yourself"
1%
Scuba - "Why You Feel So Low"
No votes
Sufjan Stevens - "Fourth of July"
12%
Tame Impala - "Eventually"
11%
The Weeknd - "Can't Feel My Face"
8%

Total votes: 74

Setherex
Movin' On Up

AMF Chart Week 25 2015

Post by Setherex »

Welcome to Week 25 of the AMF Chart! The chart where there are so many great nominations! It's nuts, I tell ya!

Here are your rankings for Week 24 (number of weeks on the chart so far in parentheses):
1. Sufjan Stevens - "Fourth of July" (7)
2. Tame Impala - "Eventually" (3)
3. Florence + The Machine - "Ship to Wreck" (1)
3. The Weeknd - "Can't Feel My Face" (1)
5. Bassekou Kouyate & Ngoni ba - "Waati" (5)
6. Jamie xx - "Gosh" (2)
7. Alabama Shakes - "Gimme All Your Love" (7)
8. Donnie Trumpet & The Social Experiment - "Sunday Candy" (2)
9. Bill Fay - "How Little" (4)
9. Nao - "Apple Cherry" (4)
11. Major Lazer x DJ Snake feat. MØ - "Lean On" (1)
12. Thee Oh Sees - "Web" (3)
13. Jamie xx feat. Young Thug & Popcaan - "I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)" (5)
14. Civil Twilight - "Holy Dove" (1)
14. Girlpool - "Cherry Picking" (1)
14. Mac DeMarco - "The Way You'd Love Her" (1)
17. Clark - "Springtime Linn" (1)
17. Disclosure feat. Gregory Porter - "Holding On" (1)
17. Guantanamo Baywatch - "Too Late" (1)
20. jj - "Truce" (1)
Total Votes: 104

The top 10 songs from last week's chart went through to this week's. I have to say, this is a very strong lineup of songs we have on the chart here. Each week is a definite battle for those few top 10 spots. 2015 isn't relenting a bit with its new releases too - so many nominations, so many good songs, so many songs eliminated in their prime.

2015 Chart-Toppers by Week (by vote count, not chart position; total weeks atop chart in parentheses):
1. Alvvays - "Archie, Marry Me" (2) / Kanye West feat. Paul McCartney - "Only One"
2. Alvvays - "Archie, Marry Me" (3)
3. Alvvays - "Archie, Marry Me" (4)
4. Alvvays - "Archie, Marry Me" (5) / Belle and Sebastian - "Nobody's Empire"
5. Alvvays - "Archie, Marry Me" (6)
6. Belle and Sebastian - "Nobody's Empire" (2)
7. Björk - "Black Lake"
8. Björk - "Black Lake" (2)
9. Belle and Sebastian - "Nobody's Empire" (3) / Björk - "Black Lake" (3)
10. Sufjan Stevens - "No Shade in the Shadow of the Cross"
11. Grimes - "REALiTi"
12. Grimes - "REALiTi" (2)
13. Grimes - "REALiTi" (3) / Kendrick Lamar - "King Kunta" / Sufjan Stevens - "No Shade in the Shadow of the Cross" (2)
14. Kendrick Lamar - "King Kunta" (2)
15. Kendrick Lamar - "King Kunta" (3)
16. Grimes - "REALiTi" (4)
17. Grimes - "REALiTi" (5)
18. Grimes - "REALiTi" (6)
19. Kendrick Lamar - "King Kunta" (4)
20. Grimes - "REALiTi" (7)
21. Kendrick Lamar - "King Kunta" (5) / Sufjan Stevens - "Fourth of July"
22. Sufjan Stevens - "Fourth of July" (2) / Tame Impala - "Eventually"
23. Sufjan Stevens - "Fourth of July" (3) / Tame Impala - "Eventually" (2)
24. Sufjan Stevens - "Fourth of July" (4)

2015 Hall of Fame (10 weeks of advancing votes; automatically retired from chart):
Björk - "Black Lake" (Weeks 4 - 13)
Courtney Barnett - "Pedestrian at Best" (Weeks 5 - 14)
Father John Misty - "I Love You, Honeybear" (Weeks 7 - 16)
Sufjan Stevens - "No Shade in the Shadow of the Cross" (Weeks 8 - 17)
Courtney Barnett - "Depreston" (Weeks 10 - 19)
Grimes - "REALiTi" (Weeks 11 - 20)
Tame Impala - "Let It Happen" (Weeks 11 - 20)
Kendrick Lamar - "King Kunta" (Weeks 12 - 21)
Godspeed You! Black Emperor - "Piss Crowns Are Trebled" (Weeks 13 - 22)

Here is this week's 19-song Spotify chart (with 1 song included below via YouTube link):

Here is your 2015 AMF Chart playlist of all songs on the chart so far this year:

Thank you all for voting and nominating continuously every week! Please don't be afraid to supply us with nominations - all songs six months old and younger (or who have received promotion via album/video/single in the last six months) are accepted! And seconding nominations by others' gives those songs a better chance at making the next poll!

As per usual, the next poll will be created as close to Sunday at 19:00 UTC as I can make it. Best of voting! :D
Last edited by Setherex on Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Setherex
Movin' On Up

Re: AMF Chart Week 25 2015

Post by Setherex »

Apologies to everyone on two counts:

First, that I have been making the new poll topics a few hours late these past couple weeks. Life's been busy apparently.

Second, that so many noms have been going unrecognized! That's what happens when we're flooded with new voters and participants. No complaining from me, though - the more the merrier! :D Just keep the noms flowing. And don't forget to use the power of the seconding nomination to support those songs that otherwise would get buried in the rush.
DocBrown
Shake Some Action

Post by DocBrown »

I will try again with "Rundown (The Fire)" by With Lions, a new to me band, but a monster track.
And a second nomination if it hasn't already gone by "Teenage Talk" by St. Vincent. Old school Annie.
Rdwdbob
Keep On Movin'

Post by Rdwdbob »

OK then ... why not inundate this weeks nominations with a few deep cuts from some recent albums that have gotten other track noms:

Father John Misty - 'The Night Josh Tillman Came To Our Apt.'

Best Coast - 'Sleep Won't Ever Come'

Alabama Shakes - 'Future People"

Brandon Flowers - 'Diggin' Up The Heart'

(all are in contention for my personal top 20 tracks of the year ... key word here being 'contention'. looking forward to what the rest of the year has to offer. :D )
tombeet
Strange Fruit

Post by tombeet »

Setherex wrote: Second, that so many noms have been going unrecognized! That's what happens when we're flooded with new voters and participants. No complaining from me, though - the more the merrier! :D Just keep the noms flowing. And don't forget to use the power of the seconding nomination to support those songs that otherwise would get buried in the rush.
That's exactly what I thought for a few weeks now. Sometimes the song was just nominated too early that it was unheard of by majority out there (hence the lack of vote for it) - I suspect that if Marry Me Archie was nominated right at a time it debut, it would not get pass 2 weeks. So I have a suggestion, each week we can do "second chance" with 1 song: the song that just stayed at most 2 weeks on the chart, yet we think it deserves second chance. Second that song would of course make it better chance to reappear on a chart.

Tell me what you guys think about the idea.
Setherex
Movin' On Up

Post by Setherex »

tombeet wrote:That's exactly what I thought for a few weeks now. Sometimes the song was just nominated too early that it was unheard of by majority out there (hence the lack of vote for it) - I suspect that if Marry Me Archie was nominated right at a time it debut, it would not get pass 2 weeks. So I have a suggestion, each week we can do "second chance" with 1 song: the song that just stayed at most 2 weeks on the chart, yet we think it deserves second chance. Second that song would of course make it better chance to reappear on a chart.

That's an interesting idea, tom! My concern, primarily, is that the repeating of previous songs on the playlist just gives less room for new new songs - of which we occasionally already have so many good ones of that it's disappointing to turn them down.

I'm very happy to re-introduce songs to the chart if they have enough support behind them. Perhaps if a former chart song received two/three seconding noms in the thread? Then there would be some very obvious support behind the track, and we know that it would get enough votes to at least be a contender in future weeks.

Let me know what you all think! In the mean time, this is your weekly reminder to get your votes, noms, and seconding of noms in before the new poll tomorrow (which should be made on time this week...). My noms:

Samantha Urbani - "U Know I Know"
Titus Andronicus - "Come On, Siobhan"
Kacey Musgraves - "Late to the Party"
tombeet
Strange Fruit

Post by tombeet »

Yeah, I'm interested to see how others think.

For this week, I'll nominate:
Chet Faker - Bent
Common - News or somthn
Janet Jackson - No Sleep
Maschine_Man
Unquestionable Presence

Post by Maschine_Man »

Setherex wrote:
tombeet wrote:That's exactly what I thought for a few weeks now. Sometimes the song was just nominated too early that it was unheard of by majority out there (hence the lack of vote for it) - I suspect that if Marry Me Archie was nominated right at a time it debut, it would not get pass 2 weeks. So I have a suggestion, each week we can do "second chance" with 1 song: the song that just stayed at most 2 weeks on the chart, yet we think it deserves second chance. Second that song would of course make it better chance to reappear on a chart.

That's an interesting idea, tom! My concern, primarily, is that the repeating of previous songs on the playlist just gives less room for new new songs - of which we occasionally already have so many good ones of that it's disappointing to turn them down.

I'm very happy to re-introduce songs to the chart if they have enough support behind them. Perhaps if a former chart song received two/three seconding noms in the thread? Then there would be some very obvious support behind the track, and we know that it would get enough votes to at least be a contender in future weeks.

Let me know what you all think! In the mean time, this is your weekly reminder to get your votes, noms, and seconding of noms in before the new poll tomorrow (which should be made on time this week...). My noms:

Samantha Urbani - "U Know I Know"
Titus Andronicus - "Come On, Siobhan"
Kacey Musgraves - "Late to the Party"
I think re-introducing a song, if it had support, would be a brilliant idea. It encourages participation in the nomination and seconding of songs. I would be more likely to listen to, and second, a nomination if i knew this was possible.
Setherex
Movin' On Up

Post by Setherex »

tombeet wrote:Janet Jackson - No Sleep
I'll second that one.
Setherex
Movin' On Up

Post by Setherex »

tombeet wrote:Common - News or somthn
It took me quite a while to realize what song you were talking about tom, haha. It's by Future, not by Common ;)

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”