Albums You've Listened to the Most Number of Times?

PlasticRam
Into the Groove

Albums You've Listened to the Most Number of Times?

Post by PlasticRam »

People can post their most-listened albums here, I'm curious.

Mine are definitely Beatles albums, the five greatest classics in particular. Lately I've been listening to Kanye more though, 808s and Heartbreak and Yeezus in particular. Also Odessey and Oracle cos that's my fav album of all time.

I haven't kept track exactly how often, but maybe I've listened to Revolver about 60 times, I don't know. Might be about a hundred though cos I listened to it on the car as a child. 1 by Beatles too.

Graceland I've listened to many times too, love that album.
Last edited by PlasticRam on Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
I feel like that
Nick
Running Up That Hill

Re: Albums You've Listened to the Most Number of Times?

Post by Nick »

Good question.

I really can't say for sure what the one album I've listened to the most throughout my entire life is. But I can take a stab at the top couple albums I've heard. First, there's The Beatles, particularly "Revolver" and "Abbey Road". "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" would also be towards the top (I made a point of listening to that album just about every week or so for a couple years after it came out), as well as "OK Computer", "Good Kid, M.A.A.D City", and "The Dark Side of the Moon". Some greatest hits albums would be up there too, like "1" by The Beatles or "The Best of The Doors".

Lately I've been listening to whatever CDs I have in my car. So it's mainly been "Donuts" by J Dilla, "The Money Store" by Death Grips, "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" by Kanye West, "Random Access Memories" by Daft Punk, "I Get Wet" by Andrew W.K., "Cross" by Justice, "Discovery" by Daft Punk, "Something/Anything?" by Todd Rundgren, "The College Dropout" by Kanye West, and "It's Album Time" by Todd Terje. Now, these aren't the albums I've listened to the most ever. But they do paint a pretty good picture of what I've been listening to for the past couple months.
acroamor
Shake Some Action

Post by acroamor »

The first album I remember listening to all the way through was The Dark Side of the Moon by Pink Floyd when I was in elementary school and it's been a favorite ever since then. Zeppelin IV, Blue by Joni Mitchell and the main five Beatles albums would probably be up there as well, from the period when I first was getting into music.
When I was in high school, I burnt a CD that contained all of The Blue Album and Pinkerton by Weezer and every single day that I drove to and from school I would listen to it, so those would be both near the top. And then while in freshman year of college, I wrote a term paper comparing The Moon and Antarctica and The Lonesome Crowded West by Modest Mouse, so both of those would be very high up as well.
GucciLittlePiggy
Unquestionable Presence

Post by GucciLittlePiggy »

I've kept tallies for every album I've listened to since July of last year and these are the albums I've listened to at least ten times each:

Deerhunter - Halcyon Digest 14
Run the Jewels - Run the Jewels 2 14
Cloud Nothings - Here and Nowhere Else 13
Chance the Rapper - Acid Rap 11
Spoon - They Want My Soul 11
Bon Iver - For Emma, Forever Ago 10
PJ Harvey - Let England Shake 10

I think it's likely I've listened to Kanye's My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy and any of Radiohead's greatest albums more but most of those listens came before I started making tallies.
I just wanted to be one of those ghosts
You thought that you could forget
And then I haunt you via the rear view mirror
On a long drive from the back seat...
Maschine_Man
Unquestionable Presence

Post by Maschine_Man »

It's probably either Elephant or Homogenic.

Plastic Beach and The Archandroid were the soundtrack to 2010 and were listened to many times as I walked to and from uni.

According to last.fm I have listened to Let It Bleed over 100 times in the last year. Which probably occurred within a month, in reality.
Jirin
Running Up That Hill

Post by Jirin »

Most listens all time? I'd be hard to guess, probably something I acquired a long time ago and consistently loved the entire time. Maybe Bringing It All Back Home because when I started exploring older music I started from 1965 and moved forward. Maybe Nevermind because I was into that long before getting into older music. OK Computer's also on the list of possibilities.
Romain
Happy Up Here

Post by Romain »

Very simple, except the classical music :

Histoire de Melody Nelson (Gainsbourg)
Sign 'O' The Time (prince)
Ziggy Stardust (Bowie)
Get Behind Me Satan (The White Stripes)
MGMT (MGMT)
Berlin (Lou Reed)
A best of the Western Music by Morricone,
A best Of Brel,
A best of Dusty Springfield,
A best of Nancy Sinatra,
Non Stop Erotic Cabaret (Soft Cell)
Le monde Möö (Moodoid), I never listened an album so much times in a so short duration.

All these albums are those I constantly have in my mp3reader.
Last edited by Romain on Sun May 24, 2015 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Listyguy
Running Up That Hill

Post by Listyguy »

I have no real record of this, but if I had to guess I'd say Led Zeppelin IV and Abbey Road are at the top, although Blood on the Tracks has probably gotten the most recent plays.
antonius
Movin' On Up

Post by antonius »

If I go through the top of my all time list, it should be something like this, in no specific order

Bob Marley "Live"
Van Morrison - Veedon Fleece and Its too late to stop now
Tom Waits - Swordfishtrombones and Closing Time
Kevin Coyne - Millionaires and Teddy Bears
Public Enemy - Yo! Bum Rush The Show and It takes a nation
Sgt Pepper's
After The Gold Rush
Lou Reed - Berlin
Ziggy Stardust
Captain Beefheart - Clear Spot
Luomo - Vocal City
Exile on Main St.
Grace Jones - Nightclubbing
CSNY - Déjà Vu
What's Going On
Jon Spencer Blues Explosion - Orange
Sign o' the Times
Ummagumma Vol 1 and Dark Side of the Moon

I started listening to albums in 1979 I think, and these are the albums I remember playing through all the years up until now. I listened most to music in the eighties, but not eighties music, more seventies and sixties. In the nineties my listening tastes grew more diverse.
DocBrown
Shake Some Action

Post by DocBrown »

Just a wild ass guess, Joni Mitchell Court and Spark. Perhaps.
Jonathon
Let's Get It On

Post by Jonathon »

Nirvana- Nevermind has to be up to about 1,500 spins after 20 years.
notbrianeno
Movin' On Up

Post by notbrianeno »

Historically, my list would probably have Achtung Baby-U2, Siamese Dream-The Smashing Pumpkins, 808s and Heartbreak-Kanye West, Tusk-Fleetwood Mac.

For what it's worth, my most played album this week has been Shields by Grizzly Bear
luney6
Movin' On Up

Post by luney6 »

I think mine would be The Velvet Underground and Nico, Marquee Moon, Funeral and Astral Weeks. And maybe also Exile on Main St. and Blonde on Blonde.
"God grant me the serenity to accept things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."
Rob
Die Mensch Maschine

Post by Rob »

I guess it's either Dark Side of the Moon, Graceland or the soundtrack to Once Upon a Time in the West. No points for originality for those first two.
Nassim
Full of Fire

Post by Nassim »

I guess I'd have to bet on Rage Against the Machine's self titled, I might not have listened to it as intensively as Either/Or (which I'd bet as #2) or Perfect From Now On, but I have had it on regular replay for 16 years now.
If Either/Or isn't 2nd, must be Songs for the Deaf, been listening to it at the very least once a month for 10 years now...
Zorg
Unquestionable Presence

Post by Zorg »

This is my album "cloud" thing from last.fm. 69 Love Songs really sticks out!

Live in Phoenix
Full of Fire

Post by Live in Phoenix »

Nowadays, if I listen to something 12 times, I consider that very high, and I don't really have crazy numbers on anything. But when I hit junior high, I began listening to a handful of cassette tapes in earnest. (No record collection or canisters of CDs yet.) Sting's ...Nothing like the Sun and The Soul Cages, and Achtung Baby were practically all I had on hand for a year. Nevermind would also be up there.
VanillaFire1000
Let's Get It On

Post by VanillaFire1000 »

I've had my Last.FM logging my stuff for 10 years now.

That's really close to my album top 10 of all time list. Like, freakishly close.
Krurze
Movin' On Up

Post by Krurze »

For me it would probably be QOTSA's "Songs for the Deaf". When I first got my driver's license this was the album that always stayed in the CD changer of my car.

Nirvana's "MTV Unplugged in New York" might come close

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”