AMF Chart Week 11 2015

Vote for up to 5 of your favorite songs!

Poll ended at Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:17 pm

Belle and Sebastian - "Nobody's Empire"
4%
Björk - "Black Lake"
6%
Blur - "Go Out"
5%
Chromatics - "I Can Never Be Myself When You're Around"
7%
Courtney Barnett - "Depreston"
6%
Courtney Barnett - "Pedestrian at Best"
7%
Father John Misty - "I Love You, Honeybear"
7%
Grimes - "REALiTi"
10%
Jenny Hval - "That Battle Is Over"
4%
Kanye West feat. Theophilus London, Allan Kingdom & Paul McCartney - "All Day"
4%
Lady Lamb the Beekeeper - "Sunday Shoes"
2%
Matthew E. White - "Take Care My Baby"
3%
My Morning Jacket - "Big Decisions"
1%
Sleater-Kinney - "No Cities to Love"
6%
Spectres - "Where Flies Sleep"
2%
Sufjan Stevens - "No Shade in the Shadow of the Cross"
9%
Sufjan Stevens - "Should Have Known Better"
5%
Tame Impala - "Let It Happen"
7%
Tuxedo - "Do It"
2%
Viet Cong - "Continental Shelf"
7%

Total votes: 105

Setherex
Movin' On Up

AMF Chart Week 11 2015

Post by Setherex »

Welcome to Week 11 of the AMF Chart! The chart where we're on the cusp of a Barnett / Lamar / Stevens release period. Prepare yourselves accordingly.

Here are your rankings for Week 10 (number of weeks on the chart so far in parentheses):
1. Sufjan Stevens - "No Shade in the Shadow of the Cross" (3)
2. Blur - "Go Out" (1)
3. Sleater-Kinney - "No Cities to Love" (5)
4. Björk - "Black Lake" (7)
5. Belle and Sebastian - "Nobody's Empire" (9)
6. Kanye West feat. Theophilus London, Allan Kingdom & Paul McCartney - "All Day" (1)
7. Father John Misty - "I Love You, Honeybear"(4)
8. Courtney Barnett - "Pedestrian at Best" (6)
9. Courtney Barnett - "Depreston" (1)
9. Viet Cong - "Continental Shelf" (1)
11. Kendrick Lamar - "The Blacker the Berry" (4)
12. Carly Rae Jepsen - "I Really Like You" (1)
12. Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - "Ballad of the Mighty I" (1)
14. Africa Express - "In C Mali" (3)
15. Ibeyi - "River" (4)
16. Father John Misty - "Strange Encounter" (3)
17. The Tallest Man on Earth - "Sagres" (1)
17. Waxahatchee - "Under a Rock" (1)
19. Lord Huron - "The Night We Met" (1)
19. Pertti Kurikan Nimipäivät - "Aina mun pitää" (1)
Total Votes: 94

The top 10 songs from last week's poll went on to this week's. After a week of no new picks, four new picks is quite the line-up adjustment. Shame to see such great songs go, but for the benefit of Kanye, Blur, Courtney Barnett and Viet Cong? Consider me a fan of you guys. I'll also use this little section to recommend to you all Sufjan Stevens' new album - an album that, once it releases, I am almost compelled to nominate in its entirety. March definitely has some more shake-ups of the chart in store in its second half.

2015 Chart-Toppers by Week (by vote count, not chart position; total weeks atop chart in parentheses):
1. Alvvays - "Archie, Marry Me" (2) / Kanye West feat. Paul McCartney - "Only One"
2. Alvvays - "Archie, Marry Me" (3)
3. Alvvays - "Archie, Marry Me" (4)
4. Alvvays - "Archie, Marry Me" (5) / Belle and Sebastian - "Nobody's Empire"
5. Alvvays - "Archie, Marry Me" (6)
6. Belle and Sebastian - "Nobody's Empire" (2)
7. Björk - "Black Lake"
8. Björk - "Black Lake" (2)
9. Belle and Sebastian - "Nobody's Empire" (3) / Björk - "Black Lake" (3)
10. Sufjan Stevens - "No Shade in the Shadow of the Cross"

2015 Hall of Fame (10 weeks of advancing votes; automatically retired from chart):
None so far...

Here is this week's 19-song Spotify chart (with 1 song included below via YouTube link):

Here is your 2015 AMF Chart playlist of all songs on the chart so far this year:

Thank you all for voting and nominating continuously every week! Please don't be afraid to supply us with nominations - all songs six months old and younger (or who have received promotion via album/video/single in the last six months) are accepted! And seconding nominations by others' gives those songs a better chance at making the next poll!

As per usual, the next poll will be created as close to Sunday at 19:00 UTC as I can make it. Best of voting! :D
Last edited by Setherex on Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Setherex
Movin' On Up

Re: AMF Chart Week 11 2015

Post by Setherex »

Angry side note - the newest Spotify desktop update is absolutely dreadful, and makes my job (as well as Henrik's and all of yours, I'm sure) extremely difficult. Among a number of strangely setback reasons, such as the removal of CTRL+F, it's so slow! And I'm not entirely sure why.

Anyway, if anyone could confirm for me that the AMF weekly and yearly playlists are doing alright on this site and on the Spotify app, and aren't set to private or anything of that nature, that would be wonderful! Thanks bunches :music-listening:
Andre
Unquestionable Presence

Post by Andre »

Setherex wrote:Anyway, if anyone could confirm for me that the AMF weekly and yearly playlists are doing alright on this site and on the Spotify app, and aren't set to private or anything of that nature, that would be wonderful! Thanks bunches :music-listening:
All systems go!

And yes, I also find the latest Spotify update pretty annoying ...
tombeet
Strange Fruit

Post by tombeet »

A little sad to see such a strong song like The Blacker the Berry fall out of the chart (and again #11), but I guess rap/hip-hop is not really our favourite genre here.

That aside, his new album that released today took me completely surprised. Just listened to his new song, I expect it to be a powerful album.
Henrik
Site Admin

Post by Henrik »

Andre wrote:
Setherex wrote:Angry side note - the newest Spotify desktop update is absolutely dreadful, and makes my job (as well as Henrik's and all of yours, I'm sure) extremely difficult.
Yes, I hate it too. I can no longer copy playlists to Excel and back the usual way. I discovered that it is possible to copy the titles over to Excel by dragging the playlist over to the Excel window, but they (sometimes) turn up in the wrong order! :angry-banghead:
Everyone you meet fights a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.
Henrik
Site Admin

Post by Henrik »

I have to nominate the winner of this year's "Melodifestivalen", the Swedish selection to the Eurovision Song Contest. It got more than twice the points of the song at the second place! I'll be surprised if it won't be one of the favorites of the ESC, and possibly it's the final winner.

But if it wins, IMO it won't be as much for the song as for the show. Or "video", which will revolutionise the ESC. Have a look:

Måns Zelmerlöw - Heroes
Pierre
Into the Groove

Post by Pierre »

Henrik wrote:
Andre wrote:
Setherex wrote:Angry side note - the newest Spotify desktop update is absolutely dreadful, and makes my job (as well as Henrik's and all of yours, I'm sure) extremely difficult.
Yes, I hate it too. I can no longer copy playlists to Excel and back the usual way. I discovered that it is possible to copy the titles over to Excel by dragging the playlist over to the Excel window, but they (sometimes) turn up in the wrong order! :angry-banghead:
I have to concur, this update sucks, and it sucks BIG TIME. Dragging and dropping mp3s from my own computer have become impossible, I don't like the new position of the wait list, and when I right-click on tracks to add them to the wait list, they often show up in a wrong order, and to top it all, Spotify freezes three times out of four when I subsequently try to play them, after painstakingly putting them back in the right order. What a waste! :angry-cussingblack:
Gillingham
Into the Groove

Post by Gillingham »

tombeet wrote:A little sad to see such a strong song like The Blacker the Berry fall out of the chart (and again #11), but I guess rap/hip-hop is not really our favourite genre here.

That aside, his new album that released today took me completely surprised. Just listened to his new song, I expect it to be a powerful album.
Last time I checked in previous topic, the The Blacker the Berry was doing alright, but I was also unpleasantly surprised when I couldn't vote for it anymore in this week.
King Kunta is indeed also a good song.
Gillingham
Into the Groove

Post by Gillingham »

Having said that, I'll nominate Kendrick Lamar - King Kunta
ordinaryperson
Movin' On Up

Post by ordinaryperson »

I'd like to nominate "Psycho" by Muse.
There is No More Firmament.
Sketch
Strange Fruit

Post by Sketch »

I'll nominate Brandi Carlile - "Wherever Is Your Heart"
tombeet
Strange Fruit

Post by tombeet »

seconding Muse's Psycho (i'm a sucker for Muse :D) and King Kunta by Kendrick Lamar.

This week I'll re-nominate Tink - Ratchet Commandments (a great song) and Pearls - Big Shot (surprisingly good, I heard the song on the radio and had to search for its name, u can listen to it here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxIsp7Sling)
Henrik
Site Admin

Post by Henrik »

Pierre wrote:
Henrik wrote:
Andre wrote:And yes, I also find the latest Spotify update pretty annoying ...
I have to concur, this update sucks, and it sucks BIG TIME. Dragging and dropping mp3s from my own computer have become impossible, I don't like the new position of the wait list, and when I right-click on tracks to add them to the wait list, they often show up in a wrong order, and to top it all, Spotify freezes three times out of four when I subsequently try to play them, after painstakingly putting them back in the right order. What a waste! :angry-cussingblack:
I have downgraded to a two year old version. Those were the days...
Setherex
Movin' On Up

Post by Setherex »

My day before reminder to get those nominations, votes, and seconding of nominations in before the new poll tomorrow morning.

Again, I'm restraining myself heavily by not nominating the entirety of "Carrie & Lowell" here, so I'll just get the one single in. My noms for this week:

Sufjan Stevens - "Carrie & Lowell"
Death Grips - "On GP"
Turnover - "Cutting My Fingers Off"
tombeet
Strange Fruit

Post by tombeet »

I also like to nominate:
-Of Monsters and Men - Crystal
-Metz - Acetate

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”