Most Acclaimed Songs on One Album

Hymie
Running Up That Hill

Most Acclaimed Songs on One Album

Post by Hymie »

I wonder which albums have the most songs that are listed on the song list here on the site?

I think "Revolver" has an amazing 10 songs on the song list.
McJagger
Strange Fruit

Re: Most Acclaimed Songs on One Album

Post by McJagger »

The White Album has ten too. Eleven if you count its version of "Revolution", "Revolution 1".
McJagger
Strange Fruit

Post by McJagger »

Tubular Bells has the distinction of being, I believe, the only album with all its songs being in the top 6000. :)
BleuPanda
Higher Ground

Post by BleuPanda »

The White Album is kind of unfair considering its length, I think. Percentage would be a better solution, but then Tubular Bells exists. This has been a subject I considered before realizing how much variance there is in the amount of tracks on albums.
Hymie
Running Up That Hill

Post by Hymie »

McJagger wrote:The White Album has ten too. Eleven if you count its version of "Revolution", "Revolution 1".
Why would you count that, it's not listed. Just the regular Revolution is listed.
McJagger
Strange Fruit

Post by McJagger »

Hymie wrote:
McJagger wrote:The White Album has ten too. Eleven if you count its version of "Revolution", "Revolution 1".
Why would you count that, it's not listed. Just the regular Revolution is listed.
I wouldn't. I'm just pointing out that there is a slower version of a song in the top 6000 that appears on the album. As BleuPanda mentioned, however, the White Album is almost three times as long as Revolver, so the latter album probably has the distinction of having the most number of acclaimed songs on one piece of vinyl, regardless of whether you count "Revolution 1".
Hymie
Running Up That Hill

Post by Hymie »

Are there any acclaimed jazz albums where it's just one long song that is also acclaimed as a song?

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”