THANK YOU to Henrik for the update

Pierre
Into the Groove

THANK YOU to Henrik for the update

Post by Pierre »

OK, I'm creating another thread since the other update thread has sunk to such low levels because of Bruce's stupidity that it's too depressing to read.

So, I just want to say I came back from Spain today without being able to come to the website in the last few days, and I only see the update now. So thank you Henrik, from the heart. Whatever some may say, I still consider your website to be the best on the net about music, and the new stuff from France, Spanish countries, Brazil and Italia make it even better! I'm always impressed by the heart and efforts you put in this cyclopean task.

Now I'm going to review closely the pages for the artists from these countries because I've already noticed several new artist pages being broken. I'll send a list in the error thread when I'll be done.

Thank you again, and don't listen to the party-poopers, you're the best! :happy-partydance:
Romain
Happy Up Here

Re: THANK YOU to Henrik for the update

Post by Romain »

A huge THANK YOU.
Merci.
Gracie Mille.

I always said that, this website make internet better.
BleuPanda
Higher Ground

Post by BleuPanda »

Thank you, Henrik. This website has introduced me to many of my favorite bands and has greatly enhanced my experience with finding music. I found this site back in my junior year of high school over four years ago and I just keep coming back.
Listyguy
Running Up That Hill

Post by Listyguy »

I'll throw in another (much deserved) thank you to Henrik for making this happen, and I'd also like to thank Pierre for making a new update thread that hopefully won't get ruined.
Luke JR68
Unquestionable Presence

Post by Luke JR68 »

Thank you Pierre... Just Thank You :D
Maschine_Man
Unquestionable Presence

Post by Maschine_Man »

This is one of my favorite places on the web, I'm so thankful for all the work everyone puts into making it so. Also super special thanks to Henrik is in order!
JR
Rust Never Sleeps

Post by JR »

There can never be enough good words sent Henrik's way for his hard work and dedication to the site.
jamieW
Keep On Movin'

Post by jamieW »

Thank you, Pierre and Listyguy. (It wasn't his fault the other tread took the turn it did.) And thank you once again, Henrik. I'm still greatly enjoying the process of exploring the update and discovering all the pleasant surprises. (Two of my all-time favorites went from not even being bubblers to being ranked in the Top 6000 songs. I'll gladly take it!)
DaveC
Running Up That Hill

Post by DaveC »

Yes indeed. Thank you Henrik.
Bruce
Feeling Good

Post by Bruce »

Yes, lots of great new stuff in the song list.
GucciLittlePiggy
Unquestionable Presence

Post by GucciLittlePiggy »

I'll also take the opportunity to thank Henrik again for the marvelous work he has put into this website. I've discovered an unbelievable amount of great music through this site in just the year or so since I found it. I'm discovering something new everyday.

Now to continue commenting on the new update, I'm disappointed and, quite frankly, shocked that Bob Dylan's "Queen Jane Approximately" still has not made it to the site, not even as a bubbling under. With the plethora of songs he has here, I would have thought for sure this song would make it in the new update. Aside from "Like a Rolling Stone," it is my favorite track from Highway 61 Revisted.
I just wanted to be one of those ghosts
You thought that you could forget
And then I haunt you via the rear view mirror
On a long drive from the back seat...
Toni
Different Class

Post by Toni »

Yes, many thanks, Henrik! This has been the most impressive update the forum has seen, with 6000 songs and huge changes in the placement of so many albums/songs/artists.
Its interesting that the lists are now much more similar to the results from our own polls. I think it means we were right since the begining. :mrgreen:
JimmyJazz
Shake Some Action

Post by JimmyJazz »

"That is until I stumbled upon this wonderful website, which was so diverse, electic, and open to music from all time periods and genres, whether currently or widely popular or not, and was open to holding peaceful, friendly discussions about the different merits of every type and era of music. I thought that this place was like a cultured and intelligent haven..."

...And I still do, in spite of quibbles like ones that just came up! Seriously, don't take some scrutinizing from others about the formula (including myself, I am ashamed to admit I was guilty of for a second), Henrik. I, and so many others as you can see, greatly appreciate all of the hard work you put into this amazing site. You have inspired and grown the musical tastes of this young man, and I am sure countless others will follow in my foot steps as well :music-listening:
Rob
Die Mensch Maschine

Post by Rob »

I already posted quite a bit about how happy I was with this update, but what the heck: thanks again, Henrik!
GucciLittlePiggy wrote: Now to continue commenting on the new update, I'm disappointed and, quite frankly, shocked that Bob Dylan's "Queen Jane Approximately" still has not made it to the site, not even as a bubbling under. With the plethora of songs he has here, I would have thought for sure this song would make it in the new update. Aside from "Like a Rolling Stone," it is my favorite track from Highway 61 Revisted.
I love that song too very much! Although admittedly, it's my number four of the album (after Like a Rolling Stone, Desolation Row and Ballad of a Thin Man), but that's mostly a comment on how strong Hoghway 61 Revisited is. Personally, I would very much like to see To Ramona getting on board, but honestly, complaining about the absence of any Dylan work seems a bit silly if we consider how much he got in ;)
PlasticRam
Into the Groove

Post by PlasticRam »

I also agree about Queen Jane.

Thanks again Henrik!
I feel like that
Jonathon
Let's Get It On

Post by Jonathon »

Thank you Henrik...your dedication is astounding. There's no excuse for Bruce's temper tantrum.
Otisredding
Keep On Movin'

Post by Otisredding »

There is much debate but I will not go into all this.

I want to thank Henrik.

My problem is this:

6,000 songs. Each song lasts 4 minutes on average. And I need to hear every song 4 times to assimilate well.

6.000 x 4 x 4 = 96,000 minutes. This is 1,600 hours.

If this activity dedicate two hours a day, I need 800 days (two years, two months and ten days).

Yes, definitely I have a problem (and I know): possibly I have to leave MCCh :sad:

[imgsize 400x200]http://www.mixcrate.com/img/ugc/covers/ ... =904201200[/imgsize]

[imgsize 400x200]http://globetrottergirls.com/wp-content ... rphoto.jpg[/imgsize]
Henrik
Site Admin

Post by Henrik »

Otisredding wrote:possibly I have to leave MCCh
No, NO, NO!
You scare me Otis. I can't imagine a threat worse than that!
Everyone you meet fights a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.
Otisredding
Keep On Movin'

Post by Otisredding »

Then you have to promise me you never never never will publish the top 10,000 songs :angry-nono:
Henrik
Site Admin

Post by Henrik »

Otisredding wrote:Then you have to promise me you never never never will publish the top 10,000 songs
:violence-duel:
Everyone you meet fights a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.
Nick
Running Up That Hill

Post by Nick »

A gigantic thank you to you, Henrik. Without you and your website I would not have discovered countless favorites of mine. I visit this website just about every day, and the update is honestly a second Christmas to me.
antonius
Movin' On Up

Post by antonius »

Thank you very, very, very much, Henrik.
For the update and for keeping the site running.
And for moderating the forum, which I love to read when I can.
Excellent how things still seem to be under control despite such strong different opinions and some strong language lately.
Setherex
Movin' On Up

Post by Setherex »

Otisredding wrote:Then you have to promise me you never never never will publish the top 10,000 songs :angry-nono:
Can you all imagine? A blissful world where we have both. :music-listening:
notdarkyet
Strange Fruit

Post by notdarkyet »

Very happy with new update. Looking at what's in and what's out I'm quite pleased about the transitions. I'm listening to my first new album of the new update, Boards of Canada "Music Has the Right to Children" and really digging it. Thanks for all the work you put into it Henrik and for all the wonderful music it has turned me onto through the years.
Andre
Unquestionable Presence

Post by Andre »

Thank you very much for the site update, Henrik. You are a legend among the living.
Otisredding wrote: 6.000 x 4 x 4 = 96,000 minutes. This is 1,600 hours.

If this activity dedicate two hours a day, I need 800 days (two years, two months and ten days).
I assume, that humans will soon invent that you can be frozen in for a few years and then wake up and live life as if you had not been away. And ... during the time you were frozen you can easily listen to all 6000 songs many times :happy-partydance:
Jonah
Are You Experienced?

Post by Jonah »

Thanks for the update Henrik!
Otisredding
Keep On Movin'

Post by Otisredding »

Andre wrote:I assume, that humans will soon invent that you can be frozen in for a few years and then wake up and live life as if you had not been away. And ... during the time you were frozen you can easily listen to all 6000 songs many times :happy-partydance:

Some physical - biologist at AM?

This invention would be great.

Frozen and listening to the best songs ... eternity.

How cold and what a pleasure!

[imgsize 300x300]http://images.sodahead.com/polls/002110 ... large.jpeg[/imgsize]

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”