Spring Breakers scene/Music in Movies

John
Let's Get It On

Spring Breakers scene/Music in Movies

Post by John »

Has anybody seen this yet? Crazy movie, directed and written by the guy who wrote Kids. It's basically a movie about what kids would be like if they actually lived out the message of today's pop culture...... anyway, the reason I bring it up on a music forum is because it has one of the best classic music scenes in quite a long time. Right up there with some of the greats like the Stealers Wheels scene in Reservoir Dogs. Britney Spears "Everytime" over a crime spree... that one's going to stick with me forever. If you're not going to watch the movie at least try to hunt down the clip, it's well worth it.
Maximumbeef
The Only Way Is Up

Re: Spring Breakers scene/Music in Movies

Post by Maximumbeef »

I saw this movie opening night - it's a good'un. The directing & editing gives the movie a stream of conscious feeling, and it all takes place in extremely vivid sceneries ranging from picturesque, to gaudy, to grimy . The music helps stick things together a bit. The scene with the Britney Spears singalong by the pool was perfect - such sexy good fun! Franco has a great Riff-Raff-esque performance - him and Gucci Mane had me cracking up whenever they were on screen. I smoked a lot of weed before watching this movie. Can't wait to see it again - all time classic!

Return to “Music, Music, Music...”