Is this list eligible? I posted it two years ago and have recently updated it.
I copy and pasted the following from Wikipedia. Essentially this award is the equivalent of the Mercury Music Prize in the UK.
The Taite Music Prize is an annual music prize awarded for the best album from New Zealand.
The prize is named after respected New Zealand music journalist and broadcaster Dylan Taite, who died in 2003. The Taite Music Prize was established in 2009 in his honour by Independent Music New Zealand (IMNZ) in conjunction with the Taite family. The first prize was awarded in 2010. The Taite takes its inspiration from successful international prizes such as the Mercury Prize in the UK and the Australian Music Prize.
The award carries a cash prize of NZ$10,000 and sponsors' prizes. It is primarily sponsored byRecorded Music NZ (formerly known as PPNZ Music Licensing). The award is judged on originality, creativity, and musicianship displayed on an album, rather than on sales or commercial factors.
The prize shortlist is decided by a group of IMNZ members and 10 outside judges, including musicians, music journalists and music industry personnel. The prize winner is decided by a 10-person judging panel chosen by IMNZ.
In 2013 a second award was added to the Taite Music Prize event. The Independent Music NZ Classic Record award honours a previously released album that is now considered a classic, and the award aims to "acknowledge New Zealand’s rich history of making fine albums that continue to inspire us and that also define who we are." Like the Taite Music Prize, it is selected by music media and music industry specialists. The inaugural recipient of the Classic Record award was the Gordons' 1981 album Gordons.
2010 Winner = Lawrence Arabia - Chant Darling
• The Checks - Alice by the Moon
• David Dallas - Something Awesome
• Kerretta - Vilayer
• Shapeshifter - The System Is a Vampire
2011 Winner = Ladi6 - The Liberation Of...
• Dudley Benson - Forest: Songs by Hirini Melbourne
• Connan Mockasin - Please Turn Me Into the Snat
• Julia Deans - Modern Fables
• Die! Die! Die! - Form
• The Naked and Famous - Passive Me, Aggressive You
• The Phoenix Foundation - Buffalo
• Street Chant - Means
2012 Winner = Unknown Mortal Orchestra – Unknown Mortal Orchestra
• Andrew Keoghan - Arctic Tales Divide
• Beastwars – Beastwars
• David Dallas – The Rose Tint
• She’s So Rad – In Circles
• The Bats – Free All the Monsters
• Tiny Ruins - Some Were Meant For The Sea
2013 Winner = SJD – Elastic Wasteland
• @Peace – @Peace
• Aaradhna – Treble & Reverb
• Collapsing Cities – Strangers Again
• Home Brew – Home Brew
• Lawrence Arabia – The Sparrow
• OPOSSOM – Electric Hawaii
2014 Winner = Lorde – Pure Heroine
• Unknown Mortal Orchestra – II
• Beastwars – Blood Becomes Fire
• Sheep, Dog & Wolf – Egospect
• The Phoenix Foundation – Fandango
• David Dallas – Falling Into Place
• @peace – Girl Songs
• Jonathan Bree – The Primrose Path
2015 Winner = Jakob – Sines
• @peace – @peace and the Plutonian Noise Symphony
• Aldous Harding – Aldous Harding
• Delaney Davidson – Swim Down Low
• Electric Wire Hustle – Love Can Prevail
• Grayson Gilmour – Infinite Life!
• Kimbra – The Golden Echo
• Tiny Ruins – Brightly Painted One
• Mulholland – Stop & Start Again
• Tami Neilson – Dynamite!
2016 Winner = Silicon - Personal Computer
Anthonie Tonnon - Successor
Marlon Williams - Marlon Williams
Nadia Reid - Listen to Formation, Look for the Signs
The Phoenix Foundation - Give Up Your Dreams
Princess Chelsea - The Great Cybernetic Depression
SJD - Saint John Divine
Unknown Mortal Orchestra - Multi-Love
2017 Winner = Street Chant - Hauora
Aaradhna - Brown Girl
Hopetoun Brown - Look So Good
Lawrence Arabia - Absolute Truth
Leisure - LEISURE
Lontalius - I'll Forget 17
Pacific Heights - The Stillness
Shayne P Carter - Offsider
Independent Music NZ Classic Record award
2013 Winner = The Gordons
2014 Winner = Various artists
AK79 1979 (Compilation)
2015 Winner = Herbs
What’s Be Happen? 1981
2016 Winner = Upper Hutt Posse
E Tu 1988
2017 Winner = The Clean
Boodle, Boodle, Boodle 1981
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests