Lukas Graham | 7 Years [2015]
Rihanna f. Drake | Work
21 Pilots | Stressed Out [2015]
"The first word in this song is discorporate. It means to leave your body."
Daniel
Unquestionable Presence

Re: EOY 2016 - Grammy (USA)

Post by Daniel »

Bieber getting in over Bowie makes me want to throw up. Any credibility the Grammys had is now completely gone.
charliepanayi
Different Class

Post by charliepanayi »

The Grammys have never had credibility, no idea why anyone even bothers expending energy getting mad at them.
PlasticRam
Into the Groove

Post by PlasticRam »

charliepanayi wrote:The Grammys have never had credibility, no idea why anyone even bothers expending energy getting mad at them.
Well I don't know. The Grammys are considered the biggest award show in music by many people. That's why it's so frustrating when they get their picks hopelessly wrong year after year. Really only among music-lovers they generally don't have much credibility, which is ironic.
I feel like that
charliepanayi
Different Class

Post by charliepanayi »

PlasticRam wrote:
charliepanayi wrote:The Grammys have never had credibility, no idea why anyone even bothers expending energy getting mad at them.
The Grammys are considered the biggest award show in music by many people.
They're really not. The only people who consider the Grammys a big awards show are the music industry. I imagine barely anybody remembers who won Album of the Year most years.

The Simpsons said all that needed to be said about the Grammys in Homer's Barbershop Quartet.
PlasticRam
Into the Groove

Post by PlasticRam »

charliepanayi wrote:
PlasticRam wrote:
The Grammys are considered the biggest award show in music by many people.
They're really not. The only people who consider the Grammys a big awards show are the music industry. I imagine barely anybody remembers who won Album of the Year most years.

The Simpsons said all that needed to be said about the Grammys in Homer's Barbershop Quartet.
What is a more respected (and partly I guess "bigger") awards show in music then? In the United States.

Or more 'relevant' is the right word maybe.
I feel like that
bootsy
Shake Some Action

Post by bootsy »

PlasticRam wrote:
charliepanayi wrote:
PlasticRam wrote: The Grammys are considered the biggest award show in music by many people.

What is a more respected (and partly I guess "bigger") awards show in music then? In the United States.

Or more 'relevant' is the right word maybe.
The BET Awards of course. ;) The Grammys are a pretty big deal still. They don't make great choices and they don't make much sense but they do have a lot of acclaim. People love to refer to artists when they introduce them as a "Grammy winner' or 'multiple time Grammy winner'.
mowino
Let's Get It On

Post by mowino »

Album of the Year

Adele - 25

Record of the Year

Adele - Hello

Return to “EOY 2016”