Notes on EOY Spreadsheets

Harold
Into the Groove

Notes on EOY Spreadsheets

Post by Harold »

Now that this forum is officially open (as always, way too early!), I'd like to confirm that I will once again be compiling the EOY albums spreadsheet for 2015. Who wants to take on the song lists?

When I have a spare moment, I will post the list of sources from the 2014 spreadsheet, which can serve as a checklist.

Henrik, can you please re-post the criteria (Alexa-related and otherwise) for potential new sources to be included?

Looking forward to doing this again - even though I know that, come mid-January, I'll be equally looking forward to finishing it.
Henrik
Site Admin

Re: Notes on EOY Spreadsheets

Post by Henrik »

Many thanks, Harold!!! I am once again so grateful that you're doing this!
:happy-partydance:
Everyone you meet fights a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.
Henrik
Site Admin

Post by Henrik »

Harold wrote:Henrik, can you please re-post the criteria (Alexa-related and otherwise) for potential new sources to be included.
Sure, but how do you feel about lists without comments/blurbs?
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2191
Harold
Into the Groove

Post by Harold »

Henrik wrote:Sure, but how do you feel about lists without comments/blurbs?
I don't necessarily have a problem with this. When someone posts an EOY list here, if it's from a previously trusted source I'm probably not going to click on the link to look for blurbs unless there's some obvious error or discrepancy in the transcription that I need to check - there are so many lists that I simply won't have time to do that.
Henrik
Site Admin

Post by Henrik »

Harold wrote:
Henrik wrote:Sure, but how do you feel about lists without comments/blurbs?
I don't necessarily have a problem with this. When someone posts an EOY list here, if it's from a previously trusted source I'm probably not going to click on the link to look for blurbs unless there's some obvious error or discrepancy in the transcription that I need to check - there are so many lists that I simply won't have time to do that.
OK, then I'll just copy the criteria from last year.
Henrik
Site Admin

Post by Henrik »

Here are the criteria for how to determine whether a new source is eligible for the EOY albums spreadsheet:

1. The Alexa.com rank should be less than 1,000,000 and the number of sites linking in should be more than 100. Both these criteria should preferably be met, but if one of the numbers is really strong that might be ok too. Printed magazines that are devoted to music are always eligible.

2. It should be clear that the list was compiled by several people (minimum three) from the staff.

3. The source needs to publish at least 10 album reviews per month, and not just recommendations with a couple of sentences per album.

4. A radio or TV channel is eligible if it is a "main station" of a country (typically a public broadcasting service with a focus on music). The staff team requirement needs to be fulfilled but not the number of reviews.

5. No record stores.

Return to “EOY 2015”