Worst music of the year

Nassim
Full of Fire

Worst music of the year

Post by Nassim »

It's good to be mean once in a while, here are the first "worst albums of the year" lists

Treble's "History Greatest Monsters"
Iggy Azalea – The New Classic/Reclassified
Flaming Lips – With a Little Help From My Fwends
Jason Feathers – De Oro
Maroon 5 – Maps
Pixies – Indie Cindy
Riff Raff – Neon Icon
Neil Young – A Letter Home
Yung Lean – Unknown Memory

AVclub's Least Essential Albums of 2014 (a very fun read)

As they put it : "These aren’t the worst records of the year, but rather the records whose existence marks not only the decline of the music industry, but also the decline of civilization in general. They’re records that not only shouldn’t be purchased or sold, but really should never have been born into existence in the first place. So stop in your tracks, prepare your poor ears, and gird your critical loins: These are the least essential records of 2014."

Least essential album of 2014: Pixies, Indie Cindy
Least essential Christmas album, Internet-famous cat-egory: Grumpy Cat’s Worst Christmas Ever: Official
Least essential soundtrack that actually makes you wish Jay Z had said, “Hey, maybe I should guest on this”: Annie: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
Biggest cash grab from the son of a Beatle : Julian Lennon, Everything Changes (Music From Another Room, Ltd.)
Least essential soundtracks receiving their first vinyl pressing: Clerks, Dumb And Dumber, Forrest Gump
Least essential solo album from a one-hit wonder (that includes a new version of that one hit): Katrina Leskanich, Blisland
Least essential Christmas album by both original Dukes Of Hazzard: John Schneider and Tom Wopat, Home For Christmas
Most essential least essential comedy album: Gallagher, I Am Who I Pretend To Be
Least essential ‘00s tweener star reinvention: Jamie Lynn Spears, The Journey EP
Least essential confounding, countrified Mötley Crüe tribute: Various Artists, Nashville Outlaws: A Tribute To Mötley Crüe
Least essential acoustic career deep dive: Trapt, The Acoustic Collection
Least essential de facto New Age sequel: Yanni, Inspirato
Least essential collection of whale sounds from some classic rock legends: Pink Floyd, The Endless River
Least essential ‘90s nostalgia: Dave Matthews Band, Under The Table And Dreaming reissue / Spin Doctors Pocket Full Of Kryptonite reissue
Least essential use of fictional nobility: Various artists, Christmas At Downton Abbey

Return to “EOY 2014”